eighteen.

The countdown was on.

I had exactly four days until Oliver arrived and I was handling it as exactly as well as I had expected to.

By spending the last three days pretending it wasn't happening, Oliver didn't exist, everything he ever did to me didn't exist and obsessing over Harry telling me I had a good body.

Or at least, obsessing over whether or not Harry said I had a good body?

It didn't matter either way now anyway, I had much bigger things to lose sleep over and that was exactly what I was doing.

The concept of sleeping with your eyes open wasn't one I was familiar with or necessarily thought was true or if people could actually do it but, I felt like I was. I couldn't actually remember the last time I had been asleep.

I guess it was Sunday night before I knew that Oliver coming over was happening sooner than I realised, or hoped. But now I was surviving on my best friend black coffee and silence.

I didn't really know how to fix this, that is if I could fix it. It was out of my control, as most things that happened in my life were.

I always feel like I should be used to it but I never am and every time something like this happens I get annoyed and sad.

But the thing was, nothing was even happening!

I was overreacting yet again because I had nothing else going on in my life and I needed to focus on something so I made a mountain out of a molehill.

Classic Poppy. Nothing but an overdramatic brat.

I shook my head as I walked along slightly out of step with Harry, he'd been his usual self all week. Chloe has reappeared back in classes but surprisingly she'd been very tame.

I had to admit the brief respite from the chaos on my head was nice as she spoke to Harry on Tuesday only to be ignored completely, I didn't want to be amused but I was.

Tom however was being odd, I didn't know what happened but he didn't really want to know me. Not that we were the best of friends beforehand, it was just sad. I guess.

It was definitely strange, having Harry with me should have opened up conversation opportunities, but it didn't, but did that surprise me? Not really. It was definitely weird having someone with me almost twenty four hours a day only for them to barely know you.

And vice versa, because I never really spoke to him. But I shouldn't take it to heart even though my feelings wanted me to, when Harry and I first met he did say we wouldn't be friends.

"Alright, whats wrong with you?"

I blinked as Harry suddenly spoke, rounding on me and forcing me to stop walking before I walked into his chest which now had his arms crossed over it, his eyes boring down into me and I swallowed.

"Sorry?"

Confusion crept into my voice as my eyebrows furrowed as I looked up at Harry, this brief interruption vaguely annoying, I really wanted my coffee.

"You're very quiet. Not that you're usually screaming from the rooftops but you're more quiet than usual. What's wrong?"

I swallowed thickly as Harry kept his eyes trained on me, my mouth drying out as we stared at each other. I didn't even think he'd noticed.

"Nothing," I lied, shrugging slightly. "Just not sleeping very well at the moment."

Or at all.

"Why?" Harry asked almost immediately and I focused my eyes on the building behind him and shrugged.