fifty five.

h.

"You have to open your presents now!"

My eyes rolled without meaning to as I glanced at Flower, her eyes wide and excited as she stared at me and I knew I would have to even if I said no.

I hadn't been lying when I said I'd missed her, it was a fucking weird feeling. But it was always there whenever she wasn't. I had to admit I didn't really like it.

I didn't like being so dependant on somebody else, not that I even was. I could leave her right now and not feel a thing.

Maybe.

"I said not to get me anything." I muttered finally, her own pretty eyes disappearing as they rolled before she stood, the even prettier white dress falling to mid thigh as she grabbed the presents off the table and I almost reached out.

Almost but didn't.

Her soft skin always felt like heaven to me and I wanted to be touching her forever but now, now she had said those words that seemed to come so easily to her everything was different.

She said it to Ollie, to Max, probably to Eleanor and Liam and even though she had every right to, I don't think Flower knew quite what those words meant.

She certainly didn't if she was saying them to me.

Me and her weren't the same.

I blinked as three presents were deposited into my lap and case in point, we were different because these presents were perfectly wrapped with sharp lines and neat triangles and there definitely wasn't half a roll of tape holding it all together.

"Is there going to be more glitter?"

I watched Flower's cheeks turn red and she shook her head slowly, her eyes darting about slightly before she focused on my shoulder. She wouldn't look me directly in the face anymore and it was fucking obvious.

I reached for the bigger one first only to have her let out an adorable squeak and I raised an eyebrow, moving my hand to the second biggest and caught her smiling out the corner of my eye.

"Use your words, you're a big girl." I muttered, only half joking.

Flower did have a terrible habit of just using facial features to express herself and it was, frankly, fucking annoying.

Unless she was smiling, then it was fucking adorable.

I ripped the paper apart, my eyes widening a bit as the Packers mug came into view and I briefly wondered if this was her way of telling me to stop using her mugs.

They were just fucking mugs, Flower.

"Do you like it?" Flower asked quietly and I looked at her to see her brows furrowed delicately and her teeth chewing on her bottom lip.

I forced myself not to roll my eyes, she was really fucking insecure, and instead tugged her lip out from under her teeth and nodded.

I actually really liked it.

"How'd yeh' find it?" I asked as I put it on the coffee table, next to my other mug from her.

"I just googled it and found their website." Flower smiled shrugging.

"And why'd yeh' choose their away colour?"

"I can change it if you don't like it!" Flower rushed out, the worried look back on her face and this time I did roll my eyes.