thirty eight.

My body shot upwards before I knew what I was doing, the movement shaking whatever I was sitting on so much that I lost my balance and fell off.

I groaned as I landed on the hard floor and I laid there for a few minutes before my brain started screaming and I slowly remembered what had happened.

My eyes shot open and I sat upright, groaning again as a pain ran through my head and I touched the side of my face gingerly, only to hiss as it caused the pain to intensify.

I think I was bruised.

I blinked rapidly as I tried to adjust to the bright light. Although it wasn't that bright considering it was one bare bulb hanging from a wire in the ceiling.

I looked around slowly, I was in a bedroom. Or at least there was a bed in the room I was in, and I wasn't even sure how it fit in here considering it was a double and took up more than half the room.

I'd never been in a bedroom so small.

My heart rate started to increase as my brain started to fill my head with all the possibilities as to why I was in a room with a double bed and none of them were very good.

I licked my lips as I pushed myself up and made a beeline for the door, only realising as I looked at it properly that there was no handle on this side, just smooth wood from the top to the bottom and I frowned.

What kind of door only had one handle?

I stared at it for a few minutes before I decided to try anyway, running my fingers along the edge hoping to find a lip or a crack or anything I could hook a finger under and pull open.

But it was no use.

There wasn't anything, it was completely smooth. And I could feel myself getting frustrated which I knew was useless as well. Nobody thought clearly when they were annoyed which only led to stupid decisions being made.

I tried to keep a clear head as I continued to pull at the door, my fingers clawing along the wood and I was almost proud at the lines that appeared underneath. I could feel my nails starting to lift and I finally stopped once I saw blood starting to pool.

I stood looking around, I knew it was the wrong time but my finger was hurting and I had chipped several of my nails and I know it was trivial and pointless but I'd just painted them yesterday and they had cute clouds on!

Or at least I assumed I'd painted them yesterday. That was if today was still Wednesday, I mean I'm sure it had to be.

Time didn't pass that quickly and I'm sure I wasn't unconscious for that long otherwise wouldn't I be dehydrated and hungry?

I licked my lips as the thought entered my brain and now my mouth was dry and I groaned. I was doing this to myself! If I stopped thinking of all the worse case scenarios then everything would be okay.

Right?

I dropped down onto the bed, my head in my hands as everything suddenly crashed into me at once as I sat there.

Nothing was going to be okay.

And what about Harry! He really hit the ground hard, the bat thing or whatever it was looked like it was metal and he was hit pretty hard.

In fact it looked like the crowbar that was in our garage and that thing hurt.

I couldn't help but feel like this was my fault. I shouldn't have gone shopping, I shouldn't have let Ollie convince me I was going crazy and I should have told Harry to leave. Not kept him there talking to me.