Chapter Five: Small Flashback

I ended up at a park in the middle of town

I ended up at a park in the middle of town. It was now around 2 am, and I was alone. I opened the gate and headed for a swing. I suddenly heard laughter, I looked around and noticed a man and a woman on the field watching the stars. I smiled watching them, I knew instantly they weren't human from their scent.

They both reminded me of how Adelia and I both acted years ago...

1848

"My love, look." I pointed up to the sky noticing a shooting star. Adelia quickly closed her eyes making a wish. She opened her eyes again to be met with mine, "Never leave me." She hugs my side.

"Never in a million years."

Adelia smiles as we held each other in comfort.

"You are my life," I whisper as she dozed off into slumber.

~

I smiled, remembering the moment we had. It was more than perfect.

"Are you okay?" I turned around noticing Yoongi sitting on a bench.

"I will be," I sighed.

"Come on, we need to get back home, Namjoon sent me to find you," Yoongi says standing up, I nodded and followed him home.

Lydia

I felt a little sick today, my mum had told me to get some rest as she left for work.

I had other plans. Today, I will explore more of this town since I should know my surroundings.

I locked the door behind me and made my way past the pizza parlour. I spotted a small clothing store that had a poster on the window noticing that they were hiring people. I walked into the store and I was immediately greeted.

"Hello! Welcome, can I help you find anything?" A middle-aged man says showing off his smile, I smiled back.

"Hi, I'm just enquiring about this poster, I'm wondering if you are still hiring people?" I asked, giving him the poster, and watching him read it.

"We are, what's your name and how old are you may I ask?"

"My name is Lydia and I'm seventeen."

"That's fine, are you still at school?" He asks sitting us down at a table. "Yes, I could perfectly work weekends or even night shifts," I said.

"It's like you just read my mind," he laughed.

"Would you be able to start possibly tonight?"

I nodded as he gave me tonight's shift times, 6 pm-10 pm.

"Well, I will see you tonight, it was lovely meeting you, Lydia." He shook my hand, and I turned around and left.

I walked around the corner as I accidentally tripped over a standing sign outside. I felt myself getting caught by someone, I looked to see who it was and it was like Deja vu all over again.

"We need to stop meeting like this."