Chapter Thirty-Eight: Strange Day

Lydia

It's been a whole week since the last time Jungkook and I saw each other. I took the whole week off because I was terrified of what was happening in this town.

"Mum, I want to come with you, please!" I begged as she was putting her last shirt in her suitcase.

"Come on Lydia, I have to go in a second the taxi will be here any minute." She says struggling to zip up her suitcase. "Why don't you take everything out and fit me in it? I could easily fit in that," I whined.

"Don't be silly, Lydia."

Not even 2 seconds later we heard a car beep outside, "Taxi is here, Lydia be good, look after the house I will be back soon, be safe." She kissed me on the head and headed for the door, I sighed as I heard the door shut and heard the taxi drive away.

It was Monday morning, and my mum was on her way to the airport. She had another business trip to Italy. Instead of Mr Johnston going with her, she is going herself with another employee of his.

"This is utter bullshit," I let out another huff, I'm stuck here when there's a killer on the loose and I still have to go to school and work. This is honestly pointless, I want to go back to my old house right now.

I noticed the time and school started in half an hour, I got dressed and made my way downstairs.

"At least, I look okay," I mumbled putting on some chapstick and not forgetting to grab my bag before heading out the door.

I stood outside my door as I noticed it was windy, it's been like this for a few days the weather here is ridiculous.

I grabbed my earphones out of my pocket and attached them to my ears, I scrolled through Spotify and pressed shuffle on my recent playlist.

'Lewis Capaldi- Before you go' started playing as I turned the volume up, making my way to school. By now you would think I would be used to all of the looks, but I was not. It still creeps me out, but today was different. Today they didn't look at me with smiles, they looked at me like they were sad.

I made it to school on time as the bell rings and made my way to English. I sat at my usual desk to only realise Nelly, Mia or Beth wasn't there. I never saw them walking in, and they aren't in class. They all couldn't be sick at the same time? Where could they all be?

Mr Williams walked in and greets everyone, he sees me and gives me a small smile and the class stares straight at the board.

"Since exams are coming up, today, you will be given a free period to revise. You all may go or stay, it's your choice." I noticed groups of people leaving the classroom as a few stayed. I felt like going to the library, so I packed my notes and put them in my folder.

"Are you okay Lydia?" I looked up and saw Mr Williams walking towards me.

"No, but I will be fine, like always," I sighed, picking my folder up.I looked behind me and the kids that stayed behind were silent. You could only hear their pens and pencils scraping across their paper.

"So weird," I said as I shook my head, Mr Williams must have heard me as he lightly chuckles, "Why is today so strange?" I asked as Mr Williams shrugged.

"I don't know dear, but just be careful." I frowned as he walked away from me heading to the group of girls at the back of the room.

I left the class and made my way down to the library, I was so dreading today of being alone, today will go so slow.