Chapter Thirteen: Answers

"Do any of you want a cup of tea or anything?" I asked

I heard Nelly and Mia say no, but Beth said yes. I made a cup for Beth and myself and headed back to the living room to get the answers I wanted.

"So, what do you want to know? We will try our best to answer as many as possible," Nelly says, taking her jacket off.

"Why is everyone so dull in this town? They just stare at you?" I asked.

"Mia, you are older you can answer them all," Beth says sipping her tea causing me to let out a chuckle.

"Okay, so this town isn't friendly with humans and ever since Adelia happened, vampires come and go, but they never show a smile because most of us are just emotionless. Their humanity is nothing. They have not ripped you apart because they have orders to follow," Mia says as I grew nervous.

"Who gave the orders?" I looked at each of the girls.

"Kim Namjoon."

My eyes grew wide "W-wait what? Is he the leader?"

They all nodded their heads, "Yeah he leads this town, have you met him?"

"Yeah, briefly I've met him, he seemed nice."

"Yeah, he's a wonderful leader just don't get on his bad side." Beth confessed.

"Noted."

"Anyway, any more questions?" Mia asked.

"Uh, can you tell me about that Adelia girl?"

Mia became stiff as tears formed in her eyes.

"I'm sorry Lydia, I can't answer that, Jungkook needs to answer that question," she sighs rubbing her face to stop preventing tears.

"You know Jungkook?" I asked, confused. How did she know him?

"Do you not remember? It's a small-town Lydia, we know everyone. Jungkook was the one that came to us, he didn't mean to make you lock yourself up from the world."

"Oh." Was all I could say, this was Jungkook's doing, he wanted me out, so he can try to convince me I was some other girl.

"Please don't think otherwise Lydia, he isn't a bad man," Nelly says.

"How did you know what I was thinking?"

"That's my special gift," Nelly cheerfully smiled at me.

The room soon fell silent.

"Anyone else got superpowers?" I asked looking at the floor, I heard them all belt out a laugh.

"Oh, you are funny Lydia, but no. It's just special gifts some vampires get, Mia and I have normal vampire abilities, but this one right here got lucky," she patted Nelly's back as she smiled.

When the chatter died down, I heard a small knock on my door, I gave them a confused face and went to go see who it was.

I opened the door before I noticed it was someone who I didn't want to see at this moment.

"Jungkook?"

"Can we talk?"