Chapter Twelve: Terrified

For what felt like years, I never left my house

For what felt like years, I never left my house. I was terrified! I wanted to get my mum and get the hell out of this town.

For the last 2 weeks, I have been trying to call her phone but she won't answer any of my calls.
I've probably sent her hundreds of voicemails by now.

It was now Friday, another school week gone. I am probably way behind now. Nobody tried to phone me to ask where I was, which I was glad. I didn't want to talk to anyone, I just wanted to be alone.

I got out of bed and walked to my window, I noticed people walking past the house emotionless, nobody ever smiled in this town.

I walked to my bathroom and turned the shower on. I've been too focused on fearing this town i've forgotten about my cleanliness and health.
I hardly ate, I hardly slept, and I was just a mess at the moment.

After showering, the dirty feeling left as I felt much better about myself.

Switching from channel to channel downstairs, I came across the news channel. Once again, this was giving me all the information I needed while I stayed in the house.

The news reporters either stated that more people had been reported missing or bodies have been found.

But again, no warning.

Nobody was telling us to be safe and stay at home?

I checked the time as it showed it was 4 pm, I switched the channel over and noticed Spongebob was on.

"Whatever." I mumbled as I turned the volume up and got comfortable. I yawned, feeling my eyes get heavy since I haven't been getting a good amount of sleep lately. My comfort was cut short by the doorbell ringing.

I panicked. Nobody had come to this house, not one soul. I heard the doorbell ring again, I slowly walked to the door and opened it. I took a deep breath and looked up, I noticed it was Beth, Nelly and Mia.

"Lydia, look at you," Beth softly said.

I shook as tears formed in my eyes.

"Why don't you invite us in, and we will explain some things to you, okay?" Mia asked.

I took a step back, I then realised I was right, they were one of them. Yoongi was right, everyone who I've spoken to is a vampire.

"Please, we won't hurt you," Nelly says.

All I could do is stare at them "Come in." I choked.

They looked at each other as Beth stepped into the house first. She comes up to me and hugs me lightly, "Please don't be scared of us."

"How could I possibly not be? I have moved to a town where there are hardly any humans, it's just so impossible!" I stressed.

"How about we sit and have a talk, okay? We can tell you some things, but if we tell you. We want you to come back to school, not only are you missing big assessments, but we miss you!" Beth says sitting down as Nelly and Mia do the same.

"Fine," I groaned, I just needed answers.

"Okay, come sit down, this will take a while."