Chapter Twenty-Nine: Treehouse

"So, where are we going?" I asked Jungkook. We were now walking through the woods, "We are almost there don't worry," he said stepping on some rocks, I felt nervous being in the middle of the woods alone but Jungkook kind of calmed me.

Jungkook stopped walking and turned around looking at me, "This is where I go when I have to think."

I looked around and noticed a small treehouse on the opposite side I was standing.

"Come on, I will show you." He held out his hand offering me to take it, I accepted, and we both jogged over to it.

"This is so nice," I said, I climbed the ladder to finally enter it. Inside was beautiful! It had a small beanbag to sit on over a small rug, it had a radio and had lights around it with a glass roof, so you can look up to the sky.

"When did you make this?" I asked him.

"Over the years, I had built little parts at a time but when the time came, it had got old-fashioned, so I tried to make it as modern as I could."

We both sat down on the rug, I admired the small building. Jungkook had made an amazing job of this.

"Does anyone know about this being here?" Jungkook shook his head, "No, only you, when I wanted to add more to this I would always say I was going hunting or just out, thankfully they never questioned me." I sat and listened to him talk

"You know... you can come here whenever you want if you need to get your mind off things." He spoke again.

"Thank you." I went in for a hug as Jungkook did the same, "I hardly come here anymore, I feel you would use it a lot, so yeah, come here whenever."

"That's nice of you, Jungkook! Thank you I will keep the offer, I appreciate it."

Over time I would stare into space, I snapped out of it and noticed Jungkook getting up ready to leave. "Let's go see my brother's and later I will drop you off home."

I agreed, and we made our way out safely down the ladder and then made our journey out of the woods.

Once we reached Jungkook's home, I was in the arms of Jin, "I've missed you!" Jin says hugging me "I missed you too!" I laughed.

"Jungkook, do you mind if Namjoon and I talk to her for a second?" Jin says looking at him.

"No go ahead, I will be in the living room waiting."

Jin led me to Namjoon's office as I saw him sitting on his chair organising his papers.

"Ah, it was you who came! Nice to see you again," he gets up and hugs me as Jin did.

"You too!" I smiled.

"Sit, sit, I won't keep you long," he states, Jin and I both sit on the two chairs opposite him.

"I just wanted to say, thank you," Namjoon smiled.

"Thank you? What for?"

"For changing him into a better man." Suddenly, I had a flashback to when I was walking to school, the woman had said the same thing.

"Are you okay?" Jin said.

"It's just that... a woman came up to me and said the same thing, she said that the town's happier because of it?" Namjoon smiled again.

"See you are not only impacting the six of us, but you are also doing it for the whole town! Thank you! If you weren't here, he would go ape shit right now losing control." My jaw wanted to hit the floor, I had then realised I was helping him.

The time was now reaching 1am, I tried to hold in my yawns as I listened to Namjoon. "You better get back now, it's late. You can come here whenever you want, you are always welcome in this home." Tears formed in my eyes as I quickly tried to stop them, I felt so happy.

"Thank you." I choked out as I opened the door and left. I reached the living room and noticed Jungkook and Taehyung playing video games, "Stop cheating!" Taehyung yelled.

I giggled at their silliness and Jungkook caught my eye "Oh, you are finished, do you want me to drop you home now?" He asked, pausing the game.

"Yes, if that is okay,"

I said my goodbyes, and we both left the house. I got into the car and not even 5 minutes later, we pulled up to my house. I turned around and noticed Jungkook had done the same thing.

"Thank you for tonight, I needed to get my mind off a few things, and it helped me," I confessed.

"it's not a problem, I'm more than happy to do it again."

I unbuckled my seat belt and opened the car door. I turned back around and was about to say my goodbyes until I felt his lips touch mine.

I kissed back as I moved toward him. When we had stopped, a big grin was shown on Jungkook's face.

"I will see you later," I said, saying another goodbye and closing the car door. I walked up to my door and turned back to see Jungkook with the biggest smile on his face, starting the car and driving off.

I walked into the house and closed the door with reality hitting me in the face. "What just happened?" I whispered, touching my lips. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't stop smiling.