Chapter Twenty-Three: We Are Only Friends

Lydia

"Wait! so, you are meaning to say that my mother's boss is Adelia's dad?" I was shocked, I had never seen that coming.

"Yes, he is," Jungkook nodded.

"That's such a sad story, Jungkook, I'm sorry you had to go through that, did you find out why she was out so late?" I asked.

"No, I sadly never found that out," he sighed, "Not to worry, we best be on our way now, it's getting dark and don't you have school tomorrow?"

Shit, I had forgotten about school, I was frightened to go back.

"Oh, yeah."

We both stood up and dusted of the grass from us and walked down the hill making our way back to the car.

We were on our way back now. The car was silent, but it wasn't awkward... it felt nice. When we stopped at my house, I finally turned to Jungkook and thanked him for today, I thanked him for opening up to me.

"I will see you later," Jungkook waved.

"See you later" I reached over and hugged him, Jungkook didn't expect it and flinched. I felt his hands wrap around my body, giving me a tight squeeze.

"I better go," I smiled.

"Thank you again for today," I said, getting out of the car.

"It was no problem," Jungkook says starting the car and soon drove off leaving me on my own. I walked up to my door and opened it to immediately be hit with questions from my mum.

"He is cute, are you dating him?" she asks, hugging me.

"What? No! We are just friends," I explained.

"It didn't look like 'just friends' in the car." she wiggled her eyebrows.

"We only hugged," I whined.

"Mhm, that's how it all starts." She's laughs going to the living room and grabbed her glass of wine.

I shook my head and ran upstairs before she could say anything else. I heard her sigh sadly.

"Lucas, why did you leave me?" I watched her from the top of the stairs as she was wiping her tears away. This was sad, I had never met my dad, but I heard he was a great man, he was loved by many when my mum met him.

As I grew up, she had told me he was killed during her pregnancy, and he never got the chance to meet me. I bet he would have been the best father ever! I watched my mum shake herself off as she looked up to the stairs and caught me watching her, she gave me a small smile, I returned it and headed to my room.

I smiled as I realised this town had made me a lot closer to my mum, and I have made new friends.

I still feared them, but when I was with Jungkook today, it made me forget everyone and every bad thing what was happening in this town.

"Lydia, dinner!" My thoughts got interrupted by my mothers yell.

"Coming!" I headed downstairs, filling myself up to be prepared for tomorrow.