Chapter Twenty-Six: Rushing

I was on my way home, dreading tonight. I just know I'll be uncomfortable, especially after everything I have just found out.

I walked inside of my house and shut the door. Instantly hearing cluttering from the kitchen and spotted my mum running around with pots and pans.

"What are you doing?" I asked putting my bag onto a chair and walked towards her.

"Lydia, you are home! Thank god!" She says.

"I don't know what to make!" She screamed freaking out.

"Well for a start, you need to calm down," I said, taking everything she was holding from her.

"Why don't you make your lasagna ?"

She raised her eyebrow, "Yes! Perfect. Hopefully, he likes it." She started right away making it.

"Anyway, why is he coming?" I wondered.

"I just wanted to thank him for taking me to London, and you know, about giving me the job, it's nice to be nice."

"True, well what time is he coming?"

"Five, why?"

I looked at the clock that was hanging on the wall in the living room and chuckled, "Well you have 20 minutes."

"Wait, what!" she screamed.

"Why are panicking? Do you perhaps like him?" I teased.

Her face turns red, "Shut up, Lydia!" She ran past me to quickly go get ready.

"Watch the dinner, don't let it burn!" She yelled from the stairs.

I heard her run around for a good 10 minutes until she came back down with a baby blue dress on.

"How do I look?" She asks giving me a turn.

"You look nice," I smiled.

After a few minutes, my mum took over cooking. "Lydia, he will be here soon, go get ready."

I walked upstairs and turned to my room, I didn't want to go all fancy like my mum, so, I settled on an oversized top and fluffy socks.

I went to my dresser and picked up my hairbrush, I brushed my hair seeing that it was going wavy from the wind. I put my straighteners on and straightened my hair and stopped there, I didn't want to show off I couldn't be bothered.

I made my way downstairs as my mum frowned looking at me, "Lydia it's my boss who is coming not a family member, go change!" She stressed.

"What, no? I'm only eating and leaving you both, I have classes to catch up on." I mentally hit myself, what the fuck did I just say that for? She wasn't supposed to know.

"Catch up? What do you mean?" She raised her eyebrows.

Before I could talk the doorbell rang, I let out a relieving sigh as she looks over at me.

"This conversation isn't over."

Time to prepare for my death.

My mum peeked through the peephole on the door and noticed it was Mr Johnston. She looked over at me and waved her hands demanding that she wanted me stand beside her. "Please say nothing embarrassing about me," she begs.

"No promises."

She glared, and the doorbell rang again, my mum finally answers it and welcomed Mr Johnston into our home.

"You have met my daughter, already right?" She pointed out mentioning me.

He looks and holds his breath, "Briefly... nice to finally meet you," he let out, showing a big smile.

This will be a long night.