Chapter Ninety-Four: This Is Serious

"Why are you both looking at me like that? What do you want to tell me?" I asked as they both kept the same expression on their face.

"Maybe it's best we tell you in the morning." Jungkook slowly walked away. Namjoon instantly watched Jungkook walking away from us.

"You can't just walk away from your problems, you have to tell her!" He roared.

I stood feeling awkward. Was it something I did? Did I do anything wrong? I felt a lump form in my throat as I held back tears. Why didn't Jungkook want to tell me?

Namjoon looked at me again and changed his facial expression, "Look, Lydia, don't worry about tonight. Tomorrow when we all have the place back to normal, I will get Jungkook to tell you, I will be there if he tries to get out of it again. This is a serious matter, I don't know why he just-" he stopped for a moment and cleared his throat, he never finished his sentence.

"Anyway, try to rest now, Yoongi will be okay," Namjoon assured me.

"Okay, Goodnight." I walked off going back to my room, I made it to the top step of the stairs and Jungkook was found lying against the wall on the ground.

"You know..." I looked down at him as he softly chuckled to himself, "Ever since you came to this goddamn town, all I've wanted to do is protect you. What Namjoon is forcing me to tell you... you wouldn't want it," he sighed.

"How would you know?" I asked.

"I just know, this life isn't for you Lydia," he stopped and realised what he had said, I frowned.

"And what the hell do you mean by that?"

"It's nothing, everything will be discussed in the morning, I'm going to bed, I need to think," he stood up and walked past me, something was much different about him tonight, it scared me.

~

"Yoongi, I'm so glad you are okay!" I ran up and hugged him carefully, not wanting to damage him.

"Lydia, I'm fully healed, there's no need to go easy on me." He gripped onto me a little tighter. "Well, at least you are back to your normal self."

"Lydia, we can talk now." Namjoon stepped forward and guided me to where we would have the conversation, I looked back to Yoongi and watched him do his own thing.

We ended up in the library on the 3rd floor, Namjoon and I sat on the chairs as I leaned against the table waiting for Jungkook's arrival.

"Come on, Jungkook," Namjoon mumbled, "He's just nervous that's all."

I felt anxious, I now think I have upset him. What if he has unmated me? Can you even do that?... I wondered if that was even possible.

"It's about time." Namjoon stressed looking at the clock on the wall, I looked over and noticed Jungkook stumbling in and sitting down in Infront of me next to Namjoon.

"Before I say anything, I should have told you this when we were at the treehouse. I got caught up in the moment and didn't want to scare you even more," Jungkook started.

I looked at Namjoon as he held his face down, he refused to make eye contact with me.

"Okay... what is it?" I nervously asked.

"So, you know how I said, over my dead body you'd be like me? Because I said I wouldn't turn you?" He sighed.

I nodded, "Well... I hinted but I don't think you got what I meant. Over my dead body meant if I don't turn you..." He couldn't say it. He kept pausing and gazing at Namjoon.

Namjoon put his hand on Jungkook's shoulder to calm him down, "If I don't turn you, Lydia, I'll die. You need to be a vampire for me to live, it's crazy I know! but it's how we connect. If you were already a vampire, we'd be fine, it's some witchcraft shit I suppose. I have no idea how to explain it to you."

I shot up from my chair and pushed the table back, "What?" I choked out.

I ran my fingers through my hair, I didn't want to cry. I tried my best to think of something else to distract myself.

"I know, I should I have told you, I know. But I don't want you to be like me and I know you don't either."

"Since the attacks are happening now, Jungkook and I were having a deep conversation last night when you saw us. The time has come and if you like it or not, you must do it. I can't have one of my bravest members dying, you both can't push this away, this is fate and it has to be done," Namjoon explained.

I looked at Jungkook as he looked at me, tears filled my eyes. I didn't want this, why me?

"We are getting ready to fight after what Sam and Nathaniel did to Yoongi." Namjoon stood up getting ready to leave, he passed by us and headed for the library door.

He opened the door halfway and turned back around facing us both, "Jungkook, I will give you by the weekend to turn her... If you don't, then I will."