Chapter Thirty: Disappearances

"Breaking News; There have been another 2 bodies found near the town hall, people are taking precaution and thinking of safety for this town. The town police have finally notified that these disappearances are highly unusual of what they have seen before and have told everyone to be safe and don't spend a lot of time outside. Lock all doors and windows when you are home and be safe-"

Finally, they're actually saying something about being safe.

I got the remote and changed the channel, "You need to be careful Lydia." I heard my mum say as she grabbed her purse and headed to the door.

"You are the one who should be careful," I said, walking towards her.

"You are going to work, look it's still dark outside." I opened the door and noticed that it was getting lighter.

"Yes, I know Lydia, I promise you I will be safe!" She hugs me and waves me goodbye, "Have a nice day!" I yelled shutting the door and not forgetting to lock it.

I shut the living room window that was open and closed the blinds. It was now coming into fall, the leaves were turning orange as it was getting colder and colder.

I checked the time as it showed '7 am'. I'm deciding to skip school today since I was up late last night. Thinking of what happened I felt my cheeks heat up, I still couldn't believe I kissed back.

Moments later, I heard a soft knock on the door. I felt uneasy opening it. What if it was the person or thing that was making people go missing? Before I realised, I opened the door. I felt all of my uneasiness disappear as I noticed it was only Jungkook.

"You idiot you scared me," I breathed hitting his shoulder.

"Hey! I'm sorry," he chuckled. "Anyway, what are you doing here? It's so early," I yawned.

"I came to see you and I figured out from the news this morning you won't be attending school today?"

"How did you figure that out?" I smiled as Jungkook rubbed his chin.

"Hmm, you could say I'm a good guesser?" I let out a laugh. "You are wrong, I'm not going today because I was out with a certain person last night and I came home super later." I teased.

"Hey, I didn't mean to take you home that late," he frowned and looked down.

"I'm only messing with you!" I said, messing up his hair.

"Ah! Not the hair!" He begs trying to fix it.

"Anyway, come in! I'm cold standing here." I moved out the way so he can walk in, Jungkook steps inside and thanks me.

I walked to the kitchen and looked through my cereal boxes, "Do you want some?" I asked, waving the boxes about in the air.

Jungkook shook his head, "No, thank you, I already ate." He smirked realising that I didn't click on to what he meant. Seconds later my mind finally processed it.

"Ugh, no talking about that in here," I said, getting a spoon out of the drawer.

"Want to go to my room or stay downstairs?" I questioned giving him the options to pick from.

"Your room? I still haven't seen it," he winked.

"You're so weird," I mumbled walking past him as he followed me, I never knew my feelings. I think I was liking him even more? He made me feel safe.

 I think I was liking him even more? He made me feel safe

~~~

Thank you for 1k reads :)