Chapter Fifty-Five: Confronting

"Namjoon," I called out.

"In here."

I shut the front door and walked into his office to be hit in the face with a messy room.

"What are you doing?" I ask him.

"Sorting out documents, what do you need me for?"

"This." I smacked the piece of paper onto his desk as it made a loud thud, "What the hell?" Namjoon shouted.

"What is the meaning of this?" I fought back.

Namjoon picked up the note and read it, he looked up to me with a questionable expression.

"I did not write this," he said, placing it down onto his desk.

"Then who did? You have to know you signed it!"I argued.

"No, Jungkook, you don't get what I mean... I know nothing about this at all, someone's forged my signature, I didn't sign shit!" Namjoon yelled.

"Someone's wanting to be on their death bed," he growled, "Where did you find this?"

"I walked past Lydia's house and I just wanted to check up on her to see if she was doing okay. Her car wasn't there, they have just vanished."

"So, you are telling me they are gone? Packed up and gone? Because of this false letter?" Namjoon said, waving the paper about with his hand.

I slowly nodded as Namjoon grabbed his jacket and put on his hat, "Where are you going?" I asked him as he moved past me.

"The council!" He said, slamming the door. I sighed and walked to the window watching Namjoon get into his car and drove away.

"What was that all about?" I looked over my shoulder and noticed Jimin walking past me from the kitchen, "Someone's signed an evicted document pretending to be Namjoon."

"Who did they evict?" Jimin frowned.

"Lydia."

Jimin stopped walking and changed his direction, walking closer to me, "What did you just say?" He said.

"Lydia has vanished, you know what the town is like, we would know if she did get evicted by now. I can't believe someone would do something like this."

Jimin sat down, "I spoke to her not that long ago on the street," he mumbled.

"What do you mean?"

"I bumped into her, she must have been going to school but she seemed kinda strange? I mean, she told me things that I couldn't remember happening, she knew about Adelia being back?"

My face went pale white, she knew?

"How?" I asked.

"I have no idea, she said I spoke to her in a cafe but from my memory, I haven't left the house in a while."

"Yeah, that's strange."

"Anyway, does that mean we have no way of contacting her?"

"I mean... I'm sure I have her number." I got my phone out of my back pocket and scrolled looking through my contacts, I found Lydia's number and pressed it.

I was now waiting for her to answer me, seconds later it went straight to voicemail.

'Leave a voicemail after this beep'

I ended the call and tried again, it kept going to voicemail.

"Someone pick up their damn phone, it's been ringing constantly!" Taehyung shouted.