Chapter Eighteen: Friends?

I woke up and realised it was Sunday, I quickly got ready and headed out. I ran downstairs as everyone greeted me. I passed them quickly, shouting good morning, and left the house.

I got into the car and drove to Lydia's house. "You can do this Jungkook."

I parked the car and got out, debating on knocking on the door. I mean, I can't chicken out now.

I placed three soft knocks on the front door and waited as the door finally opened, "Jungkook... what are you doing here?" Lydia asked.

"I apologise for the way I have been acting, and I was hoping you could forgive me?" I tried my best to smile at her.

She stares at me for a moment until she turns her frown into a smile, "Uh... yes? I forgive you."

"Thank you, I'm a changed man."

"Are you now?" She challenged as she kept her smile.

"Yes, I am and to prove it, do you perhaps want to go out for breakfast with me?" I asked. I was a nervous wreck. Why am I suddenly feeling nervous?

Lydia looks behind her as I notice her mother coming to the door.

"Lydia, who's at the door- Oh hi." She greeted

"Hello, you must be Mrs Smith," I waved back.

"Oh no, Miss Smith, I'm not married, and you are?" She laughed, nudging Lydia.

"My name is Jungkook."

"To get out of this conversation, yes, I'm coming." Lydia grabs her jacket as I wait for her at the door.

"See you later, kids!" Her mum shouted before closing the door.

"I'm sorry about her, she used to do that all the damn time with my friends before we moved. She likes to joke around a lot."

I shake my head. "It's cool. She seems nice."

Lydia played about with the car radio as she finally found a good channel. "Thanks for coming, I was very nervous. I never do this but I'm giving the new me a try," I say focusing on the road, not daring to look at her.

"I understand you. I like this new Jungkook." I feel heat rise on my cheeks. Damn it, Lydia. I couldn't stop smiling. I haven't smiled like this in ages, it felt right.

"From now on, I will tell you anything you want. I just need a friend right now." I felt her put her hand on mine.

"Promise me this. You will not bite me again. Even though you have been a total reckless idiot, I can see the change in you. Even though I hardly know you, I hope I get to see the old Jungkook." I parked the car and looked at her for the first time.

"I promise you, I will not harm you. I just hate opening up, but I assure you, you will know the old me."