Chapter Seventy-Six: Christmas Shopping

"Do you think Hoseok would like this?" I asked Beth, we took our break and now started shopping for presents since it wasn't long until Christmas.

"Yeah, it's nice," she said.

I showed her a Fila hoodie I had found, I noticed him wearing a Fila hoodie the other day and thought he would like it.

"What do you normally do for Christmas, Lydia?" I looked at her and shrugged, "I normally go to my grandparents' house on my dad's side, they loved to travel countries. It was unusual for them to stay in a country permanently. Since they both retired all they wanted to do was travel and see the world." Beth looked interested, "Woah, lucky them, look at us stuck here," she laughed.

"Exactly, I haven't spoken to them in a few months. God knows where they are living now, we went to visit them in Melbourne, Australia last year," I said.

"Cool! Did your dad ever be in the picture?" She asked, I was about to respond but she spoke before I could "You don't have to answer, I'm just being nosy, sorry," she laughed it off.

"No, it's fine, Jungkook asked the same thing. He died when I was in my mother's stomach."

"How did he die?"

"A car crash," I sighed, "I'm sorry for asking," she whispered.

"It's alright, no harm is done. Anyway, let's pay for this hoodie," I walked away from her and went to the cashier to pay.

"Hey look! Your old work," she pointed to the shop across the street, I groaned and followed her crossing the street.

Joe noticed me straight away, "Lydia!" He came running up to us and hugged me, "I heard what had happened, I'm so sorry," he said.

"How do you know?" I asked.

Beth and Joe looked at each other, "News gets around fast here remember," Beth patted my back.

"Oh yeah, I forgot," I mumbled.

"Did you come to shop?" Joe asked.

"Yeah, just a little," I replied.

"I will see you around, both of you have a nice Christmas," he said as we walked away, "You too."

We looked around the store, but nothing caught our eyes. We walked out of the shop waving bye to Joe, "He's such a lovely guy.

" I know ,he truly is," Beth smiled.

"Do you think we have enough presents for everyone?" I asked.

"I think so, let's get you home before your back breaks," she jokes.

She got her phone out and phoned Namjoon, "We are stranded with tons of bags, help!" She dramatically said, I quietly giggled listening to her, and I thought I was dramatic!

"Thank you," she said, while locking her phone, "Is he coming?" I shivered, it was freezing.

"Yes, and he better hurry, we don't want you becoming an ice cube," beth chuckled.

"I know, I'm so cold," I started jumping up and down trying to build some heat in me but that only caused me to fall on some black ice, "Shit," I started laughing.

Beth erupted into tears, "I wish I had that on record," she tried to hold in her laugh as she picked me up.

"Stupid ice." I kicked the snow as we noticed a silver car pull up noticing it was Namjoon.

"Hi girls," he put his window down to greet us, I chucked all of my bags in the back with me as Beth did the same and sat in the front.

"You just missed Lydia falling on her ass," she laughed, "Oh, are you okay?" He asked laughing along with Beth.

"I am, thank you," I hid my face in embarrassment, why am I so clumsy?

"Do you want me to drop you home Beth or are you coming over?" She shrugged, "I don't mind, I will come over for a while."

"Okay, let's go!"