Chapter Eleven: I Am Not Adelia

I slowly backed away from Jungkook as I focused on my breathing, "Stop fucking with me and tell me the truth!" I yelled

Jungkook slowly walked over to me and put his hand on my shoulders, "But I am, my love, I'm telling you the truth." His eyes turn back to the eyes that frightened me the most, his dreadful red eyes. He lets out a small chuckle.

"Please don't be scared."

I looked back to the canvas on the wall and then back to Jungkook.

"Her name was Adelia, she was the love of my life," he said mumbling the last part.

"She died a long time ago, I come in here to not only suffer from my mistakes but to remember memories we had shared."

Then it all hit me, the first night my mum and I moved here, people stared at me. When we went to the party, Mr Johnston and crowds of people stared at me. My friends at school acting strange and Mia was at work, it was all too much.

Tears fell down my cheeks as my voice broke, "What do you want from me?"

"I've waited centuries, decades, and years for you to be with me and I won't lose you again... Adelia."

I shook my head, "No, no, no, I'm not Adelia, I'm Lydia!" I cried.

I walked out to see the rest of the boys leaning against the wall, I then realised if Jungkook is a vampire, they would be too.

"We won't hurt you, Adelia," Namjoon says patting my back as I flinched at his touch.

"My name isn't Adelia, stop calling me that. I'm Lydia!"

I walked away from them all trying to control my breathing, I had finally remembered my phone was in Jungkook's room and hid it in my jean pocket.

"Please, you have to be her. Over the years I've met new people, and they had no resemblance at all, apart from you! It's you who I have been looking for all these years." Jungkook caressed my cheek as I moved my head aside.

"I am not Adelia...I want to go home now!" I demanded.

Yoongi came into the room, as he coughed "Well, good luck with the other vamps."

I frowned, "And what do you mean by that?"

"Shut up dumbass, she isn't supposed to know!" Jungkook yelled at his brother.

I butted in before Jungkook could say any more to Yoongi, "No, I want to know, tell me."

"Well my dear, you live in a town full of vampires. The human population in this town is very low so anyone who you have spoken to would highly be one of us," Yoongi explained.

My mouth went dry as I tried to put all of the pieces together, "I have to get out of here."

I ran out of the room and sprinted outside with the sunlight instantly hitting me. When I was further away from the house, I heard footsteps behind me getting closer and closer.

I made it to the main part of town where the town hall was, I looked over and noticed that people were looking at me grinning.
My eyes widened as I saw the seven boys at the end of the road.

I noticed Jimin point towards me as I made a run for it again. I knew my house wasn't far from here now, I ran past the pizza parlour and made it to my house. I got the spare key from under the welcome mat and locked the door, not forgetting to put the chain on it once I was in.

I checked all of the windows, and doors making sure they were all locked. I wasn't risking anything! Suddenly, I heard the front door pounding, my heart was beating so fast. Why can't they just leave me alone?

"Ade-Lydia, please let us explain, we will tell you everything, we aren't bad people." Jungkook lets out, banging on the door.

I stayed silent, I thought moving here would be the best for me, a fresh start, but I was wrong.

I let out a loud gasp as I remembered my mum has went away with Mr Johnston. He could be one of them.

I grabbed my phone out of my pocket and instantly tried to call her. I put my phone to my ear and waited for her to pick it up as I was still hearing the constant knocks at my door.

"The person you are trying to reach can't come to the phone right now, please try again later or leave a voicemail after the beep."

"Ugh!" I chucked my phone in frustration.

I looked out of the window and noticed the boys finally crossing the road. I watched as Jungkook turned around, spotting me straight away. He gave me a sympathetic look and turned his back again, catching up to the rest.