Chapter Twenty-Seven: Mr Johnston

"This is lovely Hannah, thank you." Mr Johnston says taking a drink of the wine my mum had out.

"It's my pleasure, I just wanted to thank you that's all," she smiled.

They both were sitting next to each other as I sat the furthest away, I didn't want to interfere with the conversation they were having.

I can completely notice now that my mum really liked this guy... if only she knew.

"So, Lydia, what do you do?" He looks up and meets my eyes.

"I go to Dungrove High," I say taking a drink of my water, my throat had suddenly gone dry.

"Very good, I'm very good friends with a few teachers there, do you perhaps know Mr Williams?" He asked as I choked on my water.

"Yeah, he is my English teacher."

"He is a brilliant teacher," he says clearing his plate.

"I will take your plate, don't worry," my mum said standing up, collecting all our plates.

"Thank you, Hannah," he says giving her a warm smile.

"I won't be long," she says and disappears into the kitchen.

I sank into my chair as Mr Johnston slowly turned around and just stared at me. I didn't know what to do, so I just smiled at him and tried to avoid his eyes.

"You know after I saw you at the party, I thought, I was imagining you, I thought my mind was playing tricks," he whispered.

"The town rumours were right, you have come back," his eyes flashed red as he smirked.

"My lovely Adelia," he shakes.

I wanted the ground to swallow me up right there at that moment, this was so fucking awkward for me.

"I'm sorry, I may look like your daughter but I'm not her, I'm Lydia," I say gaining courage.

"You know about that?" He frowned and stared at the wall in front of him, his eyes looked sad, very sad. It was like he was all alone in this world.

"Jungkook had told me about how they met and how she died, I truly am sorry for everything that has happened to you," I sighed.

Mr Johnston shakes his head, "I guess, I'm just shocked after centuries of not seeing her, I am overwhelmed with you."

"Probably," I shrugged.

Come on mum, what are you doing in the kitchen? This is getting so embarrassing. I leaned on my chair to see if I could see my mum, but she was nowhere to be seen in that area of the kitchen.

A few seconds later the doorbell rings, "Lydia, would you get that please?" I finally heard my mother shout.

I looked at Mr Johnston as he watched me get up, and leave the room. I opened the door to be faced with Mia.

"Joe is asking for you, he knows your position in this town and how you really aren't fond of it at the moment, but he's asking for you to come back to work," she says leaning against the door frame.

"He is begging, it's short-staffed," she adds on.

I look behind me as I met eyes with Mr Johnston then looked back at Mia. I gave a small nod and grabbed my jacket from the hanger in the hall and put some boots on.

"Mum, I need to go out!" I yelled.

I made my way out of the door watching Mia unlocked her car, I got in the passenger seat and waited for Mia to drive.