Chapter Forty-One: Lonely

The storm was constantly getting heavier as I finally made it home drenched. I carefully went to my room and stripped all of my wet clothes off and walked to the bathroom running a bath for myself.

When the bath was done, I got right in. My muscles instantly relaxed as I closed my eyes. This was what I needed.

The house was silent without my mum, it got lonely. I could only hear water dripping from the taps and then it was just... silent

I spent a few more minutes in the bath, then got out and dried myself. I wrapped a towel around my body and walked to my room, getting some pyjamas from my wardrobe.

I got my fluffy socks and put them on to warm my feet up since it was freezing. I then walked downstairs and sat on the couch putting on the tv and opening Netflix. I wasn't in the mood to watch a series, so I settled on a movie.

I got my phone and scrolled through Instagram, seeing my friends before I moved here had posted a few pictures of themselves or their pets.

I have always wanted a cat or dog, but my mum wouldn't allow it since she had been traumatised when she was younger. A dog chased her when she was at the beach when she was around 10. Whenever I bring it up, she would always get cranky. It would make it funnier.

I liked a few more posts and noticed a hamster ad, I clicked on it and it came up with hamster treats and bundles. I raised my eyebrow as I got an idea, I could get a hamster! I just had to ask my mum and then I won't be that lonely in the house.

I pressed the home button and called my mum, it rang a few times until she answered me.

"Hello, Lydia! how did it go?" She asks as I could hear the excitement in her voice.

"Um- I didn't go, I didn't do it, I'm sorry," I sighed as I knew her face was saddened.

"Lydia! Why?" She whined. I tried my best for my voice not to crack, I hated feeling like this. "I just don't think he likes me back, let's just forget it," I quickly said as she agrees.

"Anyway, I phoned to ask you something," I sighed, changing the subject."Well... you know how I'm very lonely here all of the time when you go on trips?"

"Yeah Lydia, just tell me."

"Can I get a hamster?" I asked.

"A hamster? Are you sure?" She laughed slightly at the fact I didn't want any other animal.

"Yes! I know how you are with dogs and I don't know if you would want a cat, but I want a hamster."

"Okay, I will be back in 2 days anyway, I will take you to get one then," she said.

"Thank you, I love you!" I screamed as she told me she had to go to a meeting now. We quickly said goodbye and she ended the call.