Chapter Eighty-Seven: Why?

"Wait... so, he's your dad?"

"What happened?"

"How do you feel?"

I was bombarded with questions as soon as I stepped into the house.

"Damn, let me get in first... how do you all know?" I raised an eyebrow. They all looked at Namjoon as he tried to laugh it off.

"Yes, he is my dad, I feel fine," I told everyone.

"To be fair, I can see a resemblance," Yoongi smirked, "You've met him before?" I asked. Yoongi nodded, "When they first moved here, I met Lucas."

"So, what did you both talk about?" Hoseok asked.

"Leave the poor girl alone, she's just found out her dad has been alive, well... half-dead all these years, stop questioning her!" Jin scolded the 2 boys.

"Fine, we will be back later!" Yoongi winked as he took his leave with Hoseok behind him.

I thanked Jin and made my way to my room, I got to the stairs and heard Jungkook and Namjoon talking. I couldn't hear that well, but I tried my best to listen in.

"How will it not work with me? This is so strange," I heard Jungkook's faint voice.

What were they talking about?

Jungkook

"A lot has been on my mind and I've been busy, so right now is the best to tell you." Namjoon sighed.

"What is it?" I questioned.

"Well, a few months ago, you were out and Lydia was in the private room."

"What? Why? What was she doing?"

I was confused about why she'd even go in there? Again! the last time caused enough trouble.

"I don't know, I went there to see if you were there and yeah basically the moral of the story is that I compelled her to forget about the room altogether, it's non-existent to her and Jungkook, it worked."

"What?" I yelled, "How will it not work with me? This is so strange."

"I don't get it either." Namjoon looked away from me and eyed his bookcase, there must be something in here that could tell us.

He traced his fingers along them as he read the titles until he stopped at his supernatural books.

He had collected them from the council where they were kept. Namjoon luckily had the chance to take them since he now worked for them.

Namjoon grabbed a book and flicked through the pages.

"Biting and transformation... no... mating... no... wait." Namjoon paused on the page about 'Mating.'

He scanned through the page landing on the second last paragraph, "It says here that, mating is a commitment of love and it could take a long time to find your loved one but some people get it easier than others."

I frowned, "I thought wolves could only have a mate?"

Namjoon shook his head, "Not according to this, I should have read this centuries ago. Hold on, let me read some more."

He stopped talking and started reading to himself, I sat in my thoughts and minded my business until he was finished.

"Ah!" Namjoon clapped his hands together.

"Okay, let me explain." I sat up and listened to his explanation.

"To keep it short, you have mated on Lydia. Meaning she is yours, and you are hers for eternity."