Chapter Fifty-Eight: Chains

"Lydia, are you okay?"

I tried to lift my head, but I felt weak. Sam had damaged me. "I'll be fine," I mumbled, gaining the strength to sit myself up straight.

"He's crazy!" Emma said, shaking her head, "They all are for keeping us here."

"When everyone was asleep Nathaniel and Adelia were standing above us and I heard everything, the floorboards aren't that soundproof. Nathaniel plans on taking this town, they are planning to kill Namjoon and everyone in that house," Beth whispered.

"But why?" I let out, "Why them?"

"Since Namjoon is our leader, he will make Namjoon step down and if that doesn't happen, he will kill him."

"What the hell?" Emma mumbled.

"What do you think they will do to us?" I asked.

Beth shrugged, "I don't know."

"I hope Mia and Nelly are okay, I haven't seen them since we got here." Beth worried, "About that, are you sure they are here?"

Beth grew silent for a moment, "I'm sure of it. When I woke up, I'm sure I heard Mia's scream. I don't know? What if they were just messing with me?" She messed up her hair with her hands as she stressed even more.

I gazed around and my eyes stopped at my door, Sam had forgotten to lock it. A bit of hope ran through my body, "Beth," I whispered.

She stopped talking to herself as she looked at me "What?"

I nodded my head at my door trying to point in that direction. "Sam forgot to lock my door, he only closed it."

Beth crawled closer to the bars as she gripped onto them with her hands, I got confused when I noticed she had no chains on her hands until I realised Sam must have swapped them to her feet.

"Lydia, how tight are the chains?" Emma asked, looking in every direction of the room to spot any of the three monsters.

"Tight, but not tight like last time." Beth's face lit up, "Lydia, try squeeze your hands out."

I scoffed as I let out a laugh, "Don't you think I've tried that already?"

"Yeah, but it could work, just keep trying." I listened to her as I twisted and pulled my wrists in different directions to get them out of the tight grip.

"Is it working?"

"Kind of." I struggled to say as I tried not to focus on the pain my wrists were going through, I groaned as the chain squeezed my wrists a little tighter.

I started to sweat as I constantly kept moving my body trying to set myself free, sweating helped as my wrists were slipping out the chains more easily.

"Guys, it's working."

Suddenly there was an outburst upstairs, we heard a lot of yelling and screaming. Seconds later, Nathaniel came downstairs and unchained me. He doesn't say a thing and dragged me out of the basement, chucking me into a different room.

My back landed on the concrete floor, this room stank even more than the previous place I was in, where the hell was I?

"Namjoon, I found Beth and another girl," I heard a voice say, wait... Namjoon?

I ran to the door and started hitting the door hard with my fists trying to make the most noise I could. Screaming at the top of my lungs, I tried my best to get someone's attention.

I heard movement from outside of the door as my body felt like giving up, all of my energy had been used up.

I stumbled across the room and hit my back hard on the wall paying attention to the door. My head felt a lot of pain.

The door opened and there stood Jungkook and Taehyung, Taehyung scanned the room as his eyes landed on my weak body.

"Lydia?" I heard Jungkook choke out as he was the first to run to me.

Was this a dream?

~~~

Happy Jin Day!!!