Chapter Thirty-Four: Adelia's Flashback PT.1

"How is this possible?" My body let out a shiver. This seriously couldn't be real, I watched her walk up to me and pulled me into a hug.

Without another thought, I wrapped my arms around her not daring to let go, she had finally returned to me after all these years.

"I've missed you so much," I shakily let out, "It's been so long."

"I know it has."

Adelia looked up at me as I frowned, "Why now? What's taken you all these years for us to be united again?" She let go as she deeply sighed.

"Let me just tell you from the beginning."

Adelia, 1848

Three weeks after Jungkook's bite.

I gasped as I struggled to breathe, I tried to look at my surroundings, but I couldn't see a thing. I panicked as I noticed I was trapped in some coffin, I began to cry for help. I constantly banged on top of the coffin, begging for someone to hear me. I couldn't believe that I was buried alive.

"Jungkook!" I screamed, pleading he could hear me.

"Jungkook, help me!" I again yelled, it was no use... I was trapped!

I was now sobbing, begging for anyone to hear me until I heard movements from above me. The coffin opened, and it was an elderly man. He was holding a shovel and to my guess, he worked here.

"Oh my, miss are you okay?" He worriedly asked as he held out his hand for me to take. I looked at him and grabbed his hand and pulled me out of the coffin.

Suddenly my throat burned, I held onto it with my hands trying to figure out why this was occurring. I tried to focus on my breathing, but nothing worked, I needed to be satisfied. The man looked at me as his eyes widened.

"M-Miss are you okay?"

My eyes shot up, staring at him as he slowly backed away. He was going to make a run for it until I grabbed him and bit into his flesh, drinking him dry. I ignored his screams as the warm liquid ran down my throat, it was the most mouth-watering substance I had ever tasted.

I dropped him watching the man collapse onto the ground.

"Hey, he was mine," I heard a voice behind me say. I jumped back terrified, "I'm sorry," I whispered.

I turned around and noticed a man who looked like he was in his late 20s, "I take it you are a newborn?" He laughed, I didn't respond, I just stared at him, I was scared to say anything.

" I see... not much of a talker, are you?" He gave me a small smile as he introduced himself, "Well, my name is Nathaniel, and I am willing to help you if you are interested."

My eyes filled up with tears, "My name is Adelia," I sniffed. "I need to find my fiancé," I whispered the last part as I wiped my tears away.

"We will find him but first, you need help, let me teach you and train you and we will get you back to him in no time, okay?"

I thought for a second, no Jungkook could teach me. I couldn't let this man take me when Jungkook could mentor me. "Sir, I'm sorry I can't, Jungkook can teach me. I remember he bit me, he turned me into this."

"My lady, do you know where you are?"

"Yes, Dungrove."

Nathaniel frowned as he was confused, "No, you are in a small village, next to the city" I gasped as we both walked out of the cemetery into the village as my memories came back, this was where I was when I met Jungkook, this was my hometown.