Chapter Forty-Eight: Detention

Today couldn't get any worse. Throughout the day my teachers had been very snappy, including Mr Williams.

He had pulled me back just after my final class and told me I was failing, he knew what's been going on, but he told me I had to study even harder or he will fail me without exams.

This was shit, I just wanted my bed but now I have to go to detention.

I got a text in my last period class that my mum had landed, and she was in a taxi saying she was almost home. When I'm home, she better be there I need a hug badly.

I walked into a classroom I had never been in before, there were hardly any desks in the room. There was a blackboard at the front of the class along with a teacher's desk, it looked similar to my English class.

I noticed nobody was here, so I sat at the first desk. I heard students walking past the door as it soon fell silent. There was still no teacher to be found, five minutes later, there was still nobody here to take detention. I was ready to get up and go home until Nathaniel walked in.

"Sit," he demanded. I huffed and put my bag back down and took my seat.

"I will take this detention today, here is a sheet you have to fill out." He hands me a piece of paper with all the information written on it, I groaned as I saw it was about 5 pages long.

"Where is everyone else?" I questioned.

"Everyone must have been good today apart from you."

I scoffed "I was late, it's not a crime."

"No Lydia, it's not..." Nathaniel came closer to me and sat on the teacher's desk, "But your attitude is," he growled, I gulped as I was stupidly dumb to not realise, he was one of them.

I fell back onto my seat and shivered, Nathaniel seemed to notice. "Now you understand," he stands back up and starts his work on his laptop.

"Don't just sit there, I don't have all night, fill out that form."

"Fuck off," I barely whispered.

"And stop this swearing it's not ladylike," he complained. I rolled my eyes and grabbed my bag to get a pen when I realised I must have left them either in my locker or in my last class.

"Can I borrow a pen?" I said looking at him, Nathaniel looked up and mentioned me to come get it.

I stood up and walked to the desk as he gave me his pen he was holding.

"Thanks."

I turned back around and now settled down to answer this form which felt like a novel.

I put my name, date, and date of birth as the questions asked, I then had to fill out what caused my detention, thinking I was finished there was a task on the last page.

'Please write out: I will not disturb the class and be on my best behaviour at all times- 20 times'

"You've got to be shitting me." My hand was in pain for having to fill out the rest of this now I had to do that mess.

"Nathaniel, I'm tired. This form's literally for 12-year-olds," I said waving the form in the air. On a good note, it caused Nathaniel to laugh for a second until he redeemed himself and told me to complete it.