Chapter Sixty-Three: Awake

Silence.

It was all silent.

My body felt numb as I struggled to move my legs or fingers. I was very confused about why I couldn't move or even see anything as it was pitch black.

My vision soon became lighter, I then knew I was opening my eyes.

"She's awake," I heard voices talking to each other.

"Go tell her Family, they will be thrilled."

My family? They are all gone.

I heard beeping noises as I looked around, I was in a hospital. I winced, trying to sit up.

"Hey there, lay back down, it's okay." I tried to focus on the person. I looked at their tag reading 'Dr Wilson' on their shirt. I finally landed on their face and noticed it was a man who looked like he was in his late 30s.

"You took a major injury Lydia, I am surprised you are still here from so much blood loss."

"I suppose I got lucky," I sighed.

"You certainly did."

Dr Wilson continued to stare at me as I felt a little awkwardness between us. What was I supposed to say?

I looked around the room, I had the room to myself with massive windows that looked out to the town, it could be an amazing view to see the sunset.

The double doors flew open as everyone came in respectfully, seeing the doctor was still there.

"I will leave you to talk, I will be back to check up on you soon Lydia, just rest up," Dr Wilson smiled at everyone walking past them all.

"You scared us so much!" Beth freaked.

"I didn't ask to get shot," I groaned as I felt shooting pains where Adelia had shot me, "It hurts so much."

"Don't worry, I've known Dr Wilson for years, he will give you the best treatments out there. You will be back to the Lydia we know soon," Namjoon reassured me.

"Maybe," I forced a smile.

I looked over and noticed Jungkook had stayed silent. He never said a single word to me yet. I looked over to Jin as he held out his hand for me to take.

"You are going to be okay with us Lydia, I promise you."

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"From now on you will live with us, we will protect you and keep you safe," Namjoon announces as I felt myself shiver.

"Okay," I agreed, I didn't want to argue with anyone anymore, I just wanted to be alone and have time to myself to grieve over everything that has happened in the last few weeks.

"How about we let you get some rest? You look tired. We will be back tomorrow at visiting hours to see you," Jin said, gathering everyone around him.

"Okay," I repeated, Jin gave me another hopeful smile. He walked out with the rest of them, Jungkook was the last to walk out. He turned back and stared at me for a few seconds.

"I'm sorry this has happened to you, it's my fault."

Jungkook then walked out of the room, leaving me alone again back to my thoughts.