Chapter Twenty-Eight: Back To Work

Once I walked into work, Joe crushed me into a hug, "Lydia, are you alright?" He rubbed my back

Once I walked into work, Joe crushed me into a hug, "Lydia, are you alright?" He rubbed my back. I forced a smile and nodded, "I'm okay," I said.

"That's great! Do you think you can work again?" Mia was right, he really needed me to work. "Yeah," I mumbled.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" He repeated as he held his chest, "I needed you back with Mia, Over the few days, the staff haven't been showing up and I thought I was going crazy."

"Is he okay?" I turned around to ask Mia, she shrugs, "No Idea might be the stress getting to him."

Mia stares into space as she snaps out of it picking up a few boxes.

"Right... follow me, let's sort out these clothes and hang them up," she said. I nodded offering to help her carry some boxes, "It's okay Lydia, I have them."

"It's too much to carry, it'll be heavy let me take some," I said frustrated. She stopped and looked at me as I remembered.

Vampire.

"Never mind."

I walked in front of her and stopped to see an empty shelf. We both got 1 box each and started folding the clothes. We then stacked all of the clothes making them look presentable, it never took us that long to finish our first 2 boxes.

I noticed a man and a woman standing at the cash register, "I'll do it." I said to Mia as I put the hanger I was holding down and walked over to them.

"Hi, sorry for the wait," I apologised as they handed me a few things for me to scan.

"That's okay," the woman says as I smiled at her, she hands me money and I give her the change back.

"Have a nice night," I said as they both look looked at each other as the man nodded "You too." They open the door and took their leave.

"Weird" I frowned, I walked back to Mia and helped her with the rest, there was only a few more to store, and we were done.

It had reached 10 pm which was closing time, Mia switches the open sign to closed and I swept the floors.

"Good job girls, I will be out back if you need me," Joe says closing the 'staff only' door. "Have you been doing this yourself?" I asked Mia.

"Yeah for the past 2 days now, I just have no idea where everyone is?" she sighs, tidying around the tables.

Suddenly, I heard the door open as the bell rang.

"We are closed, sorry," I said turning around noticing it was Jungkook.

"I know, I just wanted to see you," he smiled.

"Hi." I waved.

"Do you want to do something after work?" He asks rubbing the back of his head, I thought for a second and agreed.

"Sure, why not- stay here I will be back in a second."

I went out back and got my things, "Jungkook is here, he wants me to do something with him," I told Mia as her face lit up.

"Go now, the store is closed anyway I will close up." I hugged her and walked back out to see Jungkook standing there. I smiled at him and put my jacket on.

"Okay, let's go."