Wooflan- Lonely

Rob's P.O.V.

My heart ached when we spent so long apart, but we each had commitments in countries on the other side of the world from each other. I hated spending so much time alone, knowing that if things were different he could at my side and we could be together, but it wasn't that way. I missed him, so, so much.

I ranted all of my thoughts to Preston over a Skype call at about 1 in the morning, while Lachlan was filming something, so frustrated. Preston only smirked.

"Seriously Rob?" He asked, sounding exasperated. "If you miss him so much then go and visit! Drop everything, book a flight and go! Show up at his doorstep and surprise him!" I blinked at him, the thought having never really crossed my mind. I could do that, couldn't I? I could drop everything and go if I wanted to.

"I can see your mind ticking away there Rob but I swear, just go! You love him too damn much to go 6 months without seeing him!"

I was already on the airline site, finding flights to Sydney within the next few days. I found one and had no qualms in booking it despite it being expensive and business class too, I just wanted to see my boyfriend. Preston stayed silent through that bit, until I told him I had got the flight for 2 days time, and would land in Sydney 12 hours later.

"Good. Now, go pack your shit, record some videos and look forward to see lil' Lachy. I know you've missed him and he's missed you too, you've both been lonely. Have some fun!" I smiled.

"Thanks Pressy." I sighed, my heart practically singing in my chest. "I'll do that. I can't wait."

-----------------------------------------------------

I knew I should have enjoyed the flight more than I did, it was comfortable and relaxing, but I spent the entirety of the 12 hours bouncing my legs, waiting for the moment I could see my boyfriends face again. I grabbed my bags, got through security and immigration and got in the back of a taxi, giving the driver directions to Lachlan's. I was practically buzzing with excitement.

Dragging my bag up the door I rang the doorbell, my heart beating almost out of my chest. The boy who answered the door looked exhausted, his hair greasy, bags under his eyes and his shoulders slumped. He opened his mouth to say something- but then he looked up.

"Rob...?" His voice was incredibly soft, surprise emanating through him. And then his eyes widened.

"Hey lil' Lachy." I whispered, grinning. "Good to see you."

He threw himself into my arms, shrieking with excitement. I held him tight and rocked him from side to side as he bounced up and down in my arms, squeezing me so hard that I wheezed.

"Okay, okay, I get it, you're excited." I laughed, rubbing his back.

When he looked back up there were tears welling in the corners of his eyes and he was grinning wider than I had ever seen before, so, so happy. He didn't say anything.

I held him tight until his grip finally loosened and his hands slipped into mine. I leaned up when he pulled his head off my chest and finally pressed my lips to his- I had been waiting 6 months to kiss his beautiful lips again and goddamn, this was one of the things I had missed the most.

"God, I missed you so much." I gasped, pulling away. My thumb brushed his cheek. "I love you so much."

"I love you too." He whispered back, closing his eyes. "And I missed you too."

--------------------------------------------------

After we had reacquainted ourselves, spending a day or two just curled up together, everything sort of just fell back into the comfortable routine we had when Lachlan was up in Canada. We woke up at the same time and talked quietly for a while, recorded and edited together, ate together and fell asleep together.

Everything was perfect and I loved it. I had missed everything about Lachlan, his beautiful smile, his cheeky laugh, the way his arms would wrap around my waist when I wasn't expecting it. I loved everything about my boyfriend and after so long apart I basked in it, never wanting to let go.

I squinted in the morning light, a patch streaking through the curtains at the perfect angle to hit me right in the eyes. I groaned quietly, rolling over. And there he was, curled up in a little ball with his hands tucked up beside his face, fast asleep. I smiled to myself.

When he began to stir I moved to place a gentle hand on his hip, letting him know I was there. He still wasn't really used to waking up with someone beside him and after the first day, when I had scared him so much that he had fallen off the bed, I woke him gently.

"Mornin' Lachy." I whispered, leaning over to press a kiss to his forehead. He squinted up at me but relaxed when he saw it was just me.

"Mornin'." He groaned, his voice hoarse, but it was accompanied by a smile.

"Coffee?"

"Yeah, please." He mumbled, still waking himself up. "I'll be down in a minute."

I slipped from the bed and pulled on a hoodie, leaving Lachlan by himself to wake up properly. But honestly, he really wouldn't be awake until he had had his coffee and some breakfast and if he didn't get those things he could get a little cranky. I set about making some coffee for the both of us, strong cups that make the kitchen smell very pleasant. Lachlan emerged a couple of minutes later, rubbing his eyes.

"Thanks Robby." He mumbled, leaning up against me. "You're the best."

We spent most of the morning doing nothing, lying on the couch and playing video games, sharing laughs and soft kisses. Lachlan was happier than I had ever seen him, chattering away like he did when he was younger, not stopping for anything or anyone and by the time he actually had to go and stream he was losing his voice a little.

Before he left to go to his office I pressed a kiss to his forehead, my hands on his waist.

"See you later Lachy." I whispered, earning a soft smile. "I'll try not to text you too much."

I heard him laugh as he left through the front door and I grinned to myself, turning. I had some things to do.