Hello- Vikklan

Vikk's P.O.V.

It was 2am when I got the text. Lachlan was lucky I was already awake, up for hours into the night to try and finally edit this bloody video I had been trying to get out for awake. Honestly, the only thing I could think of was that I needed to hire another editor. I was confused at first, although maybe it was sleep deprivation that made me so slow. What mattered was that I was blinking blearily at my phone screen, confused for way too long.

Lachlan: Come pick me up

I sat, staring, long enough that he sent me another text.

Lachlan: Why is London so sticky? I feel so freaking gross, it's not this warm at home

I was too confused to reply with anything that resembled an actual answer, so I settled on a question mark in response. At that point I was starting to think I was hallucinating, I had been up too long and I had missed some conversation about Lachlan coming to London? Surely he would have mentioned it?

Lachlan: Pick me up from the airport!

Lachlan texted me again, instead of, you know, maybe explaining to me what the fuck was going on. The sensible thing to do. I huffed and pressed my hands to my eyes for a moment, hoping I could wipe away the tired feeling in my veins.

Vikk: Is this a prank?

Vikk: If this is a prank I'm going to kill you- it's 2am!

Lachlan: Well I mean you answered, didn't you?

I could practically hear his cheeky laugh. I sighed.

Vikk: Just tell me what's going on?

There was a long pause and then my phone started vibrating, contact reading- Lachlan. I barely gave a second for the call to connect before shouting down the line, hoping to god he actually heard me.

"Lachlan! What the fuck do you mean you're at the airport!? You can't just message someone at 2am asking them to come and pick you up!?"

I heard my friend chuckling on the other end while I spoke, and his laughter slowed my anger. After a moment I just sighed deeply and put my head in my hands, mumbling around them.

"I swear Lachy..."

"Vikk." He said, when he was done laughing at my exasperation.

"Lachlan!" I whined right back.

"Please come pick me up? I'm not lying, I promise, listen!"

There was a moment where I didn't hear anything, but then I heard the muffled speech from an intercom- "Final boarding for flight BA1932 to Dublin"- and it becomes clear that Lachlan is not, in fact, lying. He's in London. Waiting for me to get my shit together and go and pick him up.

The other shoe finally dropped and I made a strangled noise of frustration. My unfinished video was completely forgotten. I'd have to apologize later to my fans for no video but right at that moment, the fact that Lachlan was in my city waiting to be picked up was more important.

"So... are you coming?" Lachlan asked, tone annoyingly bemused. I rolled my eyes, half stuck between wanting to rush to the airport and either punch him or hug him.

"Yes, of course I'm coming." I picked up my phone. "Hold tight."

"Holding on!" He sang as he ended the call, leaving me to gather my things. I grabbed my key, a jacket and my phone and headed out to my car.

All I could think about was how surreal it felt. I was still half sure it was some elaborate prank but either way, anticipation floods through me at the thought of seeing Lachlan again after so long. But I was so conflicted about it being real because no one hops on a 24 flight with a layover with no forewarning or plan, not even telling the person he was supposed to be meeting. No one apart from Lachlan is insane enough to pull off something like this.

I drove to the airport, legs bouncing, hands sweat and heart racing, and 40 minutes later I pulled into a pick up zone of the carpark. While waiting for him, now parked, I glanced over the string of texts he had sent me when he was waiting for me to show up.

Lachlan: hurry up

Lachlan: i'm boreddddd

Lachlan: why is everyone so mean?? they're just like, oi bruv wotch wer yer fookin goin mate and then body slam you!?

Lachlan: dude are you hereeeee???

Lachlan: where are you????

Vikk: I'm here, where are you?

Fighting my way through a crowd, which was little weird for what was now 3 in the morning, I scanned faces as I passed them. My phone buzzed with a call once again and I picked up, hearing the chattering on the other end second to Lachlan's voice.

"Where are you? You're too damn short Vikk, can you jump up and down or something?"

"I'm going to fucking hit you." I grunted.

That was when Lachlan cackled, loudly, but I heard it twice. Once through the phone and... once behind me? Spinning on my heels I scanned the crowd, eyes wide, until they connected with the back of a head with a very familiar blonde haircut.

"Wait! I think I see you, turn around!" I exclaimed.

Lachlan spun around fast, eyes flitting over the people around him until they eventually hit me. His face broke out in a grin and my heart fluttered, pushing through the crowd in order to get to him.

"If I get closer you have to promise not to punch me." Lachlan said through the phone before dropping the call and reaching out for me. I just... I couldn't help it. I threw myself into his arms and squeezed him tightly, feeling him reciprocate.

"I'm not going to punch you, idiot." I mumbled into his sweater. Lachlan chuckled, pushing his arms under my armpits and partially lifting me off the ground to hug me better. I squirmed, kicking my feet, but when he didn't put me down I just groaned and wrapped my arms around his waist.

"Hey Vikky." Lachlan said after a few minutes, gently dropping me back to ground and pulling back so he could look at me properly. I looked right back at him too, grinning like an idiot. He looked exactly as he had the last time I had seen him, almost a year before, but I was just so happy to see him that I didn't care.

"Is there any reason you've decided to show up in London in the middle of the night?" I asked him, raising an eyebrow.

"Not really." Lachlan murmured, flushing red. "I just... I wanted to visit, so I booked a flight and just came. I'm sorry I didn't tell you ahead of time-"

"It's fine Lachy." I cut him off. "I'm so happy to see you."

He grinned widely and leaned down to hug me again, burying his head in my hair.

"Just next time, warn me please? I'd like to be spared a heart attack."