Pooflan- New Year's Day (01/01/2020)

Preston's P.O.V.

New Year's Day had never been a massive celebration for me considering it was normally around the time that Hanukkah ended when I was home, but this year I wasn't at home. This year I was in Australia, one of the first countries around the world to celebrate the beginning of a new year, with my boyfriends.

I woke up on the last day of 2019 to a beautiful day, a little smoky over the hills because of the fires, but an otherwise beautiful, warm but not too warm, day and a great to hang out with all of the people in the area, Lachlan's friends and family. Both Lachlan and Rob were asleep beside me, curled up around each other, no signs of stirring in the near future.

After a few moments I slipped from the bed, leaving the other two behind, padding down the stairs to grab a cup of coffee. When the boys came downstairs they would want some too so once my cup was full I made another batch, leaving it cold, so all I would have to do was flick the switch and within a minute there would be fresh coffee for them. Sipping on the drink, sighing happily at the strong and slightly bitter flavour, I sat at the barstool in Lachlan's kitchen.

This life hadn't really been my aim but I was honestly so happy that it ended up this way, two beautiful boyfriends, my YouTube channel, the ability to travel all over the world and visit so many amazing places and people. When I was a child I had never pictured ending up like this but words honestly couldn't express how grateful I was for everything I had, everything I loved. I didn't know what 2020 would hold, but I couldn't wait for it.

Rob stumbled down the stairs about half an hour later, yawning and barely standing, and I immediately moved to turn the coffee on. He nodded in thanks and simply lay his head on the countertop until it was done, after which he sipped on the steaming drink until the mug was empty. It was only after that he looked up and began talking a little, finally awake enough to function like a human being. I shared a gentle kiss with him, brushing some of his wild hair from his eyes and giving him a soft smile.

"Mornin' Rob." I whispered, another kiss pressed to his forehead. "Lachy still asleep?"

"He is, he won't be up for a little while at least. He was sleeping pretty heavily." He yawned again. "But he'll want coffee when he does get up."

"I know." I laughed. "That's why I had the pot ready for you."

He only smiled and leaned up against me, sighing contentedly. This was what I loved so much.

---------------------------------------------

Lachlan was up by noon, full of coffee and a lot perkier than normal, quite happy to surprise Rob and I from behind by wrapping his arms around our waists. He did this often because he got quite a genuinely surprised reaction from both of us, and Rob and I reacted because we loved to see his giggly and happy reactions.

There was a party that evening, around at the shared Click house, where we would be celebrating the coming new year. All of the Click members would be there, as well as several siblings and girlfriends, a couple of other YouTubers, Mitch (Lachlan's brother) and us, of course, and everyone was in charge of bringing so sort of food or drink or snack, and everyone was really looking forward to it.

"What are we taking again?" Lachlan asked from where he was lying on my legs, one arm up in air just because he felt like putting it there.

"Uhhhh some beer, some cheese and crackers and trifle. The non-alcoholic one." Rob replied, looking up from his phone for a moment.

"Oh. Cool."

That was basically the extent of our conversation all afternoon, a couple of sentences every now and again. Rob had already made the trifle, before Lachlan had gotten up, and I had gone out to the supermarket to buy the other items the day before but Lachlan had been busy recording and streaming during that time, so I wasn't surprised he didn't know or didn't remember.

"And we're leaving in about..." He glanced at his phone. "An hour, about quarter past 4."

Lachlan nodded and shuffled up my legs a little so his head was resting on my stomach now. I reached down and ran a hand through his soft blonde hair, half focused on him and half focused on my phone, on which I was scrolling through my social media and checking on everything that was happening on the other side of the world that I hadn't been able to keep up with.

I yawned a bit, coffee wearing off now, and settled back for a long hour. I couldn't wait for the evening.

---------------------------------------------

Elliot and Lannan both cheered as the three of us walked into the very crowded living room in the Click house, already smelling of amazing food and quite a fair amount of alcohol. Lachlan smiled and moved to hug them, placing the case of beer he had on the table.

They were all okay with us, thankfully, and all of us were incredibly glad for it. I pressed a kiss to Preston's forehead as we placed the food down and began to intermingle with the others, very happy to be there. This was the sort of environment I thrived in, Preston too and Lachlan not so much, but we were surrounded by friends and foods and alcohol, the new year right on the horizon.

Grace waved me over to her group, Isla and Lannan and Elliot and Liv, and we got to talking, a beer already pressed in my hand.

"Hey Rob!" She said, practically shoving me into the conversation. "Good to see you!"

And that was basically the extent of the introductions, and everyone fell right back into the dynamic we had earlier. It was great.

---------------------------------------------

About 5 minutes before midnight we all gathered in our friend groups or couples, sitting out on the lawn. We could see the Sydney Opera House from up on the lawn and it was all lit up, ready for the new year, and everyone was laughing and chattering and perhaps a little bit tipsy, one of my arms around each boy. Lachlan's head was resting on my shoulder, eyes focused on the lights in the distance.

"Ready?" I asked them, nudging Preston closer to me. He nodded and Lachlan did too.

"Here's to another new year." Lachlan whispered, just loud enough for the two of us to hear it over the chattering of everyone around us.

"5... 4... 3... 2... 1... HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!" Everyone cheered and I leaned across, pressing kisses to both Preston and Lachlan's lips. Both were grinning.

"Here's to another new year." I whispered back, in reply Lachlan's previous comment. "Let's make this a good one."