Mitch x Jake (Chanzes x Brawlator)- It's Not A Competition!

Jake's P.O.V.

Mitch and I were incredibly competitive and had been even before we got together, making for some pretty interesting parties or evenings at home when some alcohol was involved and our competitive natures got kicked up a notch. Lachlan occasionally joined in if he felt like it, and maybe Rob too, but they mostly sat back and watched as Mitch and I tore each other apart- obviously not literally- to win whatever little competition we had set up that day.

I was digging through the closet in the back of the garage to find something, I didn't remember what, when I came across what I thought were guns first. On closer inspection they turned out to be paintball guns and in the cupboard as well was a box of neon orange, neon pink and neon yellow paintballs- ooooo, this could get interesting. I was just thinking about what to do with them when Lachlan came up behind me, startling the shit out of me.

"See you found my paintball guns." He laughed, grinning even more when I jumped back. "One of them's broken but I figured that if you and Mitch wanted to fight it out cause you got too competitive then this would be a good idea." I paused, thinking.

"Mitch really wouldn't wanna lose that." I said quietly. "He probably wouldn't wanna get shot either so if we did do that-"

"-You'd be a good boyfriend and let him win?" Lachlan interrupted, rolling his eyes slightly. "Honestly you're so predictable Jake."

I couldn't help but raise one eyebrow, giving him a very pointed look.

"Like you'd do any different Mr big overprotective brother." I said, putting the paintball gun down. Lachlan didn't even try to retort because we both knew it was true- he had always played that role and even though I had somewhat taken over it, being his boyfriend and all, it didn't stop him from acting in the same way.

"Shush." He muttered, glaring at me, but he was smiling too. He knew I was joking and I knew he was as well, so there were no hard feelings. "But if you need to, I will pull these guns out, and I will make you have a paintball fight."

---------------------------------------------------

Mitch and I were filming for his channel, a real life video, a couples challenge no less simply because we wanted to do something cutesy and fun for the members of his audience that appreciated it. Only a small portion of his audience were there for his couples stuff, most were there for Fortnite, but any couples video he did upload often had a large non-subscriber audience.

The video we were filming was a how well do we know each other challenge, and we were tied up. After answering close to 50 questions, having a sudden death round and Mitch getting more and more antsy to wrap this up and declare a winner because, of course, we couldn't end this in a tie, I finally gave in. Lachlan was sitting behind the camera, watching, and when I nodded he got up. Mitch followed him with his eyes, brow furrowed.

"Where are you going Lachlan?" He asked curiously, leaning out the cameras field of view to follow his brother.

"To get something to settle this competition!" He called back, heading down to the garage. I grinned.

"So, you have paintball guns?" I asked, teasing. Mitch's eyes widened.

"Yes!" He crowed. "We haven't used them in ages! I can't wait to cover you in neon paint!" I laughed at his reaction, already shrugging my sweatshirt off because despite it giving me extra protection from what could be incredibly painful pellets, I didn't want to ruin it. Come on, it was a nice sweatshirt and getting neon paint all over it was the last thing I wanted.

Mitch kept his sweatshirt on, swinging his feet with a grin permanently plastered on his face.

"Why are you so excited for this?" I laughed. "You're about to shoot me and you're also about to get shot as well!"

"Because I get to shoot you!" He chuckled, wiggling. "And that's fun!"

I managed to smile- yeah, I was definitely going to let him win this one. Lachlan came back a couple of minutes later with the guns and pellets, handing one to each of us and then ushering the both of us outside.

"No shooting in the house!" He grumbled, but he was grinning. "And don't hurt each other too much!" I knew he was looking at me in particular when he said that and I nodded slightly, because I knew I would let him win. "Oh yeah, and whoever wins is the best at everything!"

Mitch grinned and gave me a charged look, already loading up pellets into the gun. Oh God. I thought, internally laughing. Yeah, know that Lachy had said that Mitch was going to be trying his goddamn hardest to shoot me and I would hardly be trying at all- mostly because I didn't want to shoot him, but now also because I didn't want to see him upset if he lost. My boyfriend sad wasn't a good thing. Oh, and Lachlan would probably laugh at him as well, which I didn't want.

I managed to fire the first shot, to make it look like I was trying, which just missed him and whistled past his arm. Mitch grinned before returning fire and I instinctively jumped out of the way, ducking down behind the table. Lachlan was inside now, safe behind a closed door.

Mitch fired again and this one hit me, in my leg, splattering paint all over my only half decent pair of jeans.

"Damn you!" I groaned, shooting over the table but again missing. "These are my only good pair of jeans!" Mitch giggled, shooting again. I shot back over the table and I heard an oomph!, meaning I had struck home.

"Jake!" He whined, and I poked my head up- I had to giggle at the streak of neon pink across the arm of his hoodie. I shot again, but missed.

"You hit me first!"

We exchanged taunts like this for a few minutes, shooting at each other around garden furniture and laughing, but as he landed more and more hits and I missed pretty much every one, it became pretty clear who was winning. I had turned into a neon yellow, orange, pink and green target by the end, sore, covered in bruises and practically glowing.

"Alright, alright!" I laughed, dropping the gun and throwing my hands up as he made to approach me. "You win!"

"Yes!" He crowed, dropping the gun. He only had a few splatters of paint on him in the end and was as happy as could be, just as I wanted. "I'm the best at everything!"

I stood up, rolling my eyes a little at my childish boyfriend, but pressed a kiss to his cheek and getting him covered in neon paint in the process. He turned around and kissed back, arms secured around my waist.

"That was fun." He mumbled, grinning. "We should do it again sometime."

"If you're going to win like this, then maybe not." I grumbled, looking down at my bruised arms. "But yeah, it was fun." I pressed another kiss to his lips. "Love you."

He grinned in return.