Vikklan- Narcolepsy

Lachlan's P.O.V.

I could feel my head beginning to nod long before I was really at risk of falling asleep but I had to try and disguise it. I was livestreaming after all and considering they already knew about some of a numerous health problems, I didn't want to add another. But considering the lines any normal person would have between wake and sleep were almost completely blurred for me, half the time I wasn't even able to tell.

Forcing myself from my seat I pretended I was heading to the bathroom while instead I sank down in the hallway just as my muscles seized up for a minute or two- sleep paralysis, but it happened while I was awake. I groaned quietly, having to wait until it passed, seized up in the hallway while my livestream played in the room behind me. It took a minute or two but finally my body seemed to realise that hey, I was awake, maybe I should be able to move. I stood up shakily and pushed myself back into my office to continue the stream.

I think some of them knew something was up about 4 hours into the stream because by that point my head was nodding every couple of minutes and fingers were seizing up in the middle of fights that caused me to lose. I had it on members only, the people who knew me the best, and many of them were telling me to wrap up and go to sleep cause I looked exhausted. But I pushed on.

It wasn't until Mitch messaged me saying that I had ten minutes to wrap up before he came in and shut it down for me. He knew about my narcolepsy, obviously, he lived with me, and so I reluctantly moved to close it down.

"Alright guys, I'm gonna wrap it up now and probably head to bed." I sighed, leaning back in my chair. "It's a little shorter than I hoped for but oh well." I waved to the camera. "See ya!"

My brother was waiting for me outside my door, his arms folded and his lips pursed. Almost immediately he dragged me down the hallway into my bedroom, pushing me onto my bed. I didn't even have time to complain, Mitch just pushed me onto my bed, tucked me under the covers and then sat down beside me.

"I swear Lachlan..." He sighed. "You need to be taking care of yourself more. You can't just stream for four hours after being up all day, you know that."

"I know." I grumped, turning away from him. "But I promised a stream and if it's any less than that I feel like I'm not doing enough. It's not my fault."

"Hey, hey, I know it's not your fault but you gotta take care of yourself. You know that pushing yourself only makes it worse later down the line." I flushed at the subtle hint towards what I had done a couple of years back just after we had moved in together- I had pushed myself for so long, using caffeine and a fair bit of alcohol as a crutch to prevent the effects of my narcolepsy, that I finally fainted and had to be taken to the hospital. That was the first time my audience found out about my health problems, not the extent of them but simply that I had them, given that I had to say I was in the hospital.

Mitch gently nudged me so I looked back over at him, and his eyes were sad.

"I know you miss him but you don't need to risk your health to distract yourself. Only a couple more days, yeah?" He said softly, tucking the weighted blanket we shared around me. "And then he'll be here."

"Yeah." I breathed, sinking down in the warm, fuzzy, enveloping blanket. "Only a couple of days."

Mitch stayed until I was asleep.

--------------------------------------------------

Despite having been 'sleeping' for almost 14 hours, I was still exhausted. That was because even though narcolepsy caused sleeping spells, when I was actually trying to sleep it was often disturbed and I couldn't stay down for periods longer than 4 or 5 hours at most. That was only on the good nights too. Most of the time I slept in one to two hours bursts and napped throughout the day, leaving me grumpy and tired if I had to stay up even during the day. The best thing for me was to work for a while, nap, work, nap all the time. I didn't really have a day time and night time.

Mitch nudged me and smiled as he pushed a plate of toast towards me, along with a hot chocolate. I took it gratefully as I swung my feet from the barstool. Only a couple of hours to go and then he would be here. Mitch saw my look and smiled.

"You're excited, huh?" I nodded enthusiastically, grinning like an idiot. I mean, come on, I hadn't seen my boyfriend in 6 months and I freaking missed him. Sure we called often and I sometimes fell asleep listening to his voice, but there was nothing like holding him in my arms, breathing in his scent and kissing his lips. "Tell you what, you go and do some recording and editing and then have a nap. I'll go and pick him up and then you can spend the rest of the day with him. Sound fair?"

"Sounds fair." I nodded. I couldn't drive because of my health issues so he helped me out with that. Wiggling in my seat I continued to smile- I couldn't wait to see him.

--------------------------------------------------

"Vikk!" I shrieked, throwing my arms around the shorter boy as he hugged me right back, squirming in my arms until he was finally able to kiss me. I kissed right back and there was this happy feeling spreading all throughout my chest because we stood there for several minutes, kissing and wrapped in each others thoughts. Mitch coughed behind us, laughing, pushing past us from where we were standing inside the front door.

"Alright lovebirds, I get it, you missed each other. How 'bout we get settled, you stop trying to stop breathing and have some food or something. I know all too well that you didn't have a nap Lachlan, and you're gonna be passing out in less than an hour." Mitch quipped, walking into the kitchen. My stomach grumbled and Vikk giggled, still refusing to unwrap his arms around me.

"I'm hungry so that would be great, and really Lachy? You know you shouldn't stay awake for too long-" I pouted, kissing him again.

"I know but I was so excited!" I grumbled. "I couldn't wait to see you so I couldn't sleep! I tried, I promise!"

"Alright, alright." He said, squeezing my hand. "I know you're excited but let's just settle down, have something to eat and then you can sleep, yeah?"

"Yeah."

Half an hour later Vikk and I were settled on the beanbag while Mitch lay behind us on the couch. Vikk had been plastering my face with kisses for several minutes now and I had just been letting him do it, so happy and so content for him to be there. I had missed him so much. I just curled up in his chest and closed my eyes, basking in his existence. I loved him so much.

I think he thought I was asleep because he turned and started talking to Mitch, still caressing my hair.

"How's he really been?" He asked softly. "Because lord knows he isn't going to tell me himself."

"He's been... alright I suppose, pushing the boundaries. He's worked out a system to get enough sleep while also getting everything done and that's to nap a whole bunch during the day and sleep less at night, which it working. He's been doing 4 or 5 hours streams though and that's what I've been getting onto him about because I know it's not good for him."

Vikk hummed, pausing as I squirmed a bit to get more comfortable.

"I'm just glad I'm here though. I know he pushes himself too much so hopefully I can help a bit. Sorting my own schedule out helped a lot." Mitch gave a noise of approval before seemingly turning his attention to the movie playing, lapsing into silence. Vikk continued to stroke my hair.

I huffed out a sigh, tightening my grip around Vikk's waist. He laughed a bit.

"Love you lil' Lachy." He whispered. "I'll always be here."