The Sidemen OT7- We Missed You

Harry's P.O.V.

The house was strangely silent without JJ. I think everyone missed him and his energy, no matter how annoying he got sometimes. Even the moment I arrived I could tell the mood was downed and no one seemed up to doing anything- the fight was still another month away and JJ had already been training for two more, having gone out to LA three weeks earlier. Everyone missed him, but we knew how badly he wanted to win round two.

Ethan and Tobi would be arriving later in the day but Josh was the only one up and downstairs, swinging his legs from the barstool while sipping a cup of coffee. He gave me a waved greeting, gesturing for me to sit down opposite him. I raided the cupboard first for a bowl of cereal as I was hungry and hadn't had breakfast yet.

"Hey." I mumbled. "Are Simon or Vikk up yet?"

"Vikk is." Josh said. "He's been recording since some ungodly hour this morning with his Australian friends. I keep hearing him through the wall."

I couldn't help but laugh- that was such a Vikk thing to do. He was always all over the place with his sleep schedule and recording with people outside of the UK, whether they were from Australia or America, and although we tried to encourage some regard for his health he often ignored us.

"I'll go grab him if he's finished, I bet he'll want a coffee." I offered, and Josh nodded.

"Please. Simon should be up in a minute too."

For a little while, it would be all of us together, minus JJ. God, we really did miss him.

----------------------------------------------------

I could feel the tension in the air, over the screams. We were only a few minutes away from the main event entering the ring and beside me, Tobi sat squeezing his hands together tightly. The six of us were all sitting in front row seats- well, five, because Ethan was off somewhere commentating- and everyone was scared shitless. We were desperate for JJ to win, he had put so much effort into his training and making sure he was the best prepared for the fight that he could, and we had missed him. We hadn't seen him for three months, not wanting to distract him.

On my other side Vikk subtly leaned against me, reaching out to squeeze my hand where no one could see it. We were all scared, excited, nervous. Simon looked like he was about to be sick, he hated seeing JJ hurt.

"It'll be fine Vikk." I said, struggling to be heard over the yelling of the audience. "He'll win."

----------------------------------------------------

The roar of the crowd was deafening- JJ had win, and celebration was the only thing on my mind. Vikk hugged me tight, laughing and yelling in joy as JJ danced in the ring and bounced up and down. Logan looked utterly defeated, turning to leave.

For the next couple of days it was nothing but party after party, drinking to the point that I never waited to drink again, and then crashing in the hotel room at the end of each night utterly exhausted. But I could tell the mood between us Sidemen was slightly off- yes, it was amazing that JJ had won but we had missed him and just wanted to go home and cuddle. We just had to wait until the afterparties and press were over and gone and we were back home before that could happen.

Ethan secured an arm around my waist as he pulled me into a hug, leaning onto my shoulder. All the boys were in the hotel room, quiet and just waiting. JJ was meant to be arriving later that day and after that we would be going home, finally, and we could go back to somewhat normal life. Obviously it would never be entirely normal, considering JJ had just won the largest amateur boxing match ever and his YouTube following had exploded afterwards, but as normal as we could make it. After the last week, we just wanted to rest.

"Ready to go home?" Josh asked us, wrapping an arm around Simon. "It's been a long week."

"Mm." I agreed. "I can't wait to see JJ again. As much as it's been amazing, I can't wait to go home and just have a few days to cuddle and do nothing."

"Yeah." Vikk quietly affirmed, from where he was cuddled up against Tobi. "I miss JJ."

----------------------------------------------------

There was a shriek of excitement, from who I didn't know, when the door clicked and a very familiar face walked into the room. I was the first who managed to throw myself into his arms, following by every other member of the Sidemen, and for a few minutes it was cuddling and excited squeals and JJ's booming laughter over top of us.

"Alright, alright." He laughed. "You missed me, I get it." One of his arms were around me, another around Vikk. "I'm happy to see you too."

We ended up in a pile on the largest bed in the room not long after, JJ squashed in the middle and all of us around him. He didn't speak much, looking just utterly delighted to be back with us and honestly, he looked exhausted too. His hand ended up in my hair, gently massaging.

"How long until the flight?" He mumbled. "I wanna stay here forever."

"Four hours." Josh said. "Don't have to be there for another two. We've got quite a while."

"Good." He said. "Because I missed you all. I missed this, and it's pretty damn obvious you lot missed me too."

"Of course we missed you JJ." Simon breathed. "We haven't seen you in months, we missed your cuddles. I think we'll all just be glad to be back home and to be able to relax for a while."

"Well I'm glad you're showing it, because I want to do nothing more. It's gonna be a long flight, and I call we swap seats so I can cuddle with all of you."

I brightened- that sounded great. God, we really had missed him. It was only once all seven of us were together that we really felt whole.