Zerkstar- Pain

Vikk's P.O.V.

I had had an absolute awful time, surgery only two days earlier, a plane flight from France back to London on which I was throwing up the whole time because of the medication they gave me- opium, really, opium?- and then I had slept for a solid 16 hours. I woke up in pain, hungry, tired and I honestly just wanted to cry and sleep for the rest of my life, but I couldn't.

I stumbled down the stairs about 1 in the afternoon, tired and grumpy, shirtless because of the sling I had my arm in. My stomach was growling but I knew I wasn't going to be able to eat much because I was still getting the last of that medication out of my body, switching to one prescribed to me from my local doctor, which worked much better and didn't have these god awful side effects. Josh was already down there.

"Hey Vikk." He smiled painfully, patting the chair beside him. "You feeling alright?"

"Not really." I sighed, wincing as I shifted my arm. "I'm hungry and tired and sore and sick and I just want to sleep more but I'm too hungry to sleep."

"JJ suggested Nando's a little while okay, I think Si's coming as well if you want something." I paused, thinking for a second, when Josh continued. "Or I could bring something home for you, but it would probably be cold by then because we're gonna eat there."

"I'll come." I mumbled. "But..." I winced. "-can I have some help? I can't get my shirt on on my own."

"Of course Vikk." He said, standing up to follow me to my bedroom. "Lead the way."

I started up the stairs and he followed close behind me, where my shirt lay on my bed that I had been attempting to put it on but I just couldn't. I couldn't manoeuvre myself in a way to get it on without extreme pain, so I had just completely given up. I pulled it over my right arm, then over my head, but that was where I got stuck. Josh stepped in to help me.

"Good thing this shirt's stretchy." He said, laughing a bit. "Otherwise we'd be a bit stuck."

He had to take off my sling to get my shirt on, holding my arm in place until he could get the shirt on, and then the got the sling back on. I sighed in relief, pausing for a moment.

"Thanks Josh." I mumbled.

"All good Vikk. Now let's go and get some Nando's!"

------------------------------------------------

It took JJ another 20 minutes to get down the stairs, even after Josh's yelling that he was hungry and Simon's banging on his door. It was already agreed that he was driving but Simon did say he would steal his car and take us if he didn't move his ass- which was what finally got him downstairs.

Simon took the front passenger seat, which left Josh and I in the back. I had noticed JJ's eyes on me as we left the house but I mostly ignored it, more focused on the ever present pain in my shoulder, the fact the pain medication was making my head slightly fuzzy, and also that I was only a few minutes away from getting my hands on some food.

And then it all went to shit. Of course it did. JJ, being the asshole he was, looked back at me in his wing mirror and then swung the steering wheel side to side, sending the car veering around on the road. And my collarbone was repeatedly hitting the wall of the car. And I was screaming in pain. Everything hurt- it was more pain than when I broke it, it hurt more than the surgery, it hurt more than anything I had felt in my entire life. My vision blacked, head nodding-

------------------------------------------------

I think I was only out for a few seconds but if I was honest it felt like a lot longer because when I came around I was lying on the seat of the car, Josh leaning over me with panic and worry in his eyes. I managed to moan in pain, breathing harsh and laboured, shoulder just radiating with pain. It was the only thing I could focus on.

"Vikk? Shit Vikk, are you okay?" Josh asked, wedging himself on the floor between me and the front seats. "JJ you asshole!" He spat, before turning back to me, panicking again. "Vikk? It's okay, it's okay, I know you're in pain- shit he's going into shock!"

I think that was when I saw Simon, leaning over the front to seat to reach out to me, hand slipping into mine. He squeezed it, but I wasn't able to squeeze back. Everything hurt. My chest was heaving, I couldn't breathe Icouldn'tbreathe-

------------------------------------------------

This time I was out slightly longer, a few minutes, maybe more, but when I came around I was no longer in the car. They must have driven me back home, because now I was lying on the couch with a cold face cloth on my forehead, Josh sitting beside me with his head in his hands. Simon was sitting on the beanbag beside me, silent, and JJ was nowhere to be seen. I managed to turn my head, groaning breathily.

"Vikk!" Josh startled, hands moving to slip into mine. "Oh thank god, are you okay?"

"Wh-wha?" I mumbled, wincing at the rolling pain in my shoulder. A cold cloth was placed on my forehead and I jumped bit soon relaxed, because the cooling helped a little. Simon was now at my side, crouched down.

"Are you okay Vikk?" He asked, in a much calmer voice. I managed to nod, frowning.

"I- I think so...?" I breathed, moving to sit up. I was quickly stopped by a hand on my stomach, pushing me back down.

"No, no, not yet Vikk, just wait a few minutes."

I grumbled to myself but obeyed, lying back to take a better look at what was going on around me. Josh was just staring at me with wide eyes, looking like he wanted to reach out and take my hand but he had stopped himself, pulling back.

"Are you sure you're alright?" He asked again. I nodded.

"Mm fine, Josh." I grumbled. "Just a bit sore."

It wasn't until later that I understood I was actually looking around for JJ- because boy did I want to beat the shit out of him. I think in that moment it was pure hate for him because he knew what he was doing. He knew he was going to hurt me when he swung his car around like that.

"Hey, I know what you're thinking of. JJ... yeah he's gone and locked himself in his room. I know he feels sorry. Just... I know you feel like he's an asshole and yes he is, but just focus on making sure you're okay first." I eventually nodding, now sitting up. Josh didn't try and stop me this time.

He leaned over and hugged me, surprising me.

"I'm sorry Vikk." He whispered. "I should have stopped him." I managed to smile.

"It's alright Josh." I breathed. "It wasn't your fault."