Minishaw- Be Proud

Harry's P.O.V.

In the beginning, when I lived in Guernsey, I didn't see the other boys a lot. Being that I was the last added to the group only amplified that I suppose, but for the first few years, during the time of the first Sidemen house and before I moved in London, I only really saw them once a month or so. And because of my notoriously awful upload schedule as well, it gave me time to focus on my real passion- ballet.

I had to admit that YouTube was awesome, it gave me a great way to sustain myself and earn a whole heap of money but it also gave me time to train. Being semi-professional, that meant training was a minimum of 5 to 6 hours a day, 7 days a week, no exceptions. I also had to watch what I ate and when I ate it to maintain my strength but also so I had enough energy to get through the tough and often gruelling training. But I kept doing it simply because I loved it. It was my passion and I honestly couldn't see myself giving it up anytime soon, even with the more time consuming schedule the boys were demanding of me.

When I moved to London I had to find a new dance studio which was unfortunate considering I had been dancing at the same place, a lovely town hall transformed into a dance and music studio by a lovely old couple who doted on me like they were own grandparents, since I was 4. I hated having to say goodbye to them and the memories I had made there but the new studio I found was nice, quiet and on the outer edges of the town. Some would stay it was in a bad area of town and, yes, given the area was known for gang activity it could be a little rough, but the studio, the people who ran and the other dancers were all amazing. I fit right in.

So on the days I wasn't at Sidemen shoots or recording for the channel I uploaded on what, maybe once a month? Anyway, if I wasn't doing either of those I was either sleeping, eating, or at the dance studio. I was at the studio an average of 7 hours a day either warming up, stretching, dancing, consulting coaches, costume designers or producers of ballet productions. I was busy, all the time.

It was honestly no surprise that by the time it came around to a three day Sidemen recording, which unfortunately happened only a week before a massive production during which I was playing a main part, I was exhausted. I hadn't even had time to run home between training and meeting up with the others so I was sweaty, tired and in no mood for recording, and I was carrying my dance bag and suitcase, and I was wearing my leotard underneath my clothing. Yeah, not the best way to start a recording.

We were driving from London to motherfucking Glasgow of all places, for a three days shoot. The drive was going to take 7 hours. I wanted to die. I was going to be crammed in a car for 7 hours with three of the other Sidemen but at least I hadn't drawn the short straw and ended up with JJ and Ethan, no, Josh would have to suffer through that. I was in the backseat of the second car beside Simon with Vikk in the front passenger seat and Tobi driving. Not too bad, I know, but I was exhausted, still in my leotard, sweaty and grumpy at the mere thought of this bloody car ride. Simon could tell I was pissed too- yay!

Vikk fell asleep about an hour in and Tobi was paying no attention, so that was when Simon took the opportunity to lean over and whisper to me.

"Hey, you okay?" He asked. "You look exhausted, did you get any sleep last night? I know you weren't exactly impressed about this recording but it isn't like, causing anxiety or anything? I'm not a big fan of it myself." I shrugged and turned away, bringing my feet up onto the seat so I could rest my chin on my knees.

"Just tired." I grumbled. "I want to get to the hotel and sleep. I'm tired." Simon managed to smile.

"Well I mean we're sharing a room so I'll try to be quiet." He said with a smile. "But we still got 6 more hours to go."