Vobi- And The Universe Said I Love You

Tobi's P.O.V.

It was our job to save the world, go out and do all the things other ordinary citizens couldn't because of their normal lives. We felt like it was our duty, our gift, that allowed us to go around as a vigilante but also trusted group to enforce law, help stop crime and, of course, stopping any powered villain who might cross our path. Our group was small, just 6 heroes in total, but we made it work.

"Tobi!" Josh yelled up the stairs, sounding slightly panicked. "Come on, there's someone creating havoc in the town centre!"

"Coming!" I yelled back, pulling my mask on over my face. We wore mostly civilian clothes when we fought, plus our masks to make sure our identities were kept secret. We worked normal jobs when we had time but because of that our house only had three bedrooms, and we shared our room with someone else. It was only to make rent on our apartment because we weren't paid for our hero work.

The other boys were all down, dressed up and waiting for me when I scrambled down the stairs, all rearing to go. Josh waved his hand and we followed him- he was our transport after all.

"Ready?" He asked, grinning now. I took Harry's hand, who took Simon's, who took JJ's, who took Ethan's who then leaned across and took Josh's and- pop! We were immediately transported to the middle of the firefight, right in the middle of the city.

This was a villain we had fought before with relatively simple powers we knew we could beat if we coordinated well, communicated and used our powers to the best of our ability. Our abilities, our powers, varied between each of us but they gave each of us an advantage over something.

Josh could teleport and that allowed him an advantage at hand to hand contact because he could simply teleport away again, and he could also get us out of difficult situations. Ethan controlled the earth, able to manipulate any natural material, Harry controlled fire which, honestly, who decided it was a good idea to give the child fire powers and JJ controlled ice, freezing anything in his path. Simon could manipulate gravity in a select area, sending objects, himself or other people flying and I- I had what may have been the most destructive power. I could control lightening, sending bolts of electricity so powerful it could kill a normal human down to earth with almost no effort. I could destroy with no thought, and sometimes it scared me. The villain we were currently facing could control and manipulate metal, giving him a shield as well as weapons from the environment around him.

That battle was the first time I saw him. We were fighting, sending waves of power after power, beating him down, when I first caught a glance of him. He was hiding in an alleyway but even that alone was strange because civilians normally ran screaming from anything that involved powers, and he was watching. Watching and learning. His eyes were curious, shoulders back, confident while he stood in the middle of a battle. He caught my attention despite only being able to give him a passing glance that first day.

But I saw him again, and again, and again. Over weeks and months I caught sight of him at every single battle without fail, watching us with curious eyes. He looked young, maybe Harry's age, but whenever I tried to find him after the fighting he had completely disappeared even though I never saw him run from where he was hiding. He confused me, maybe even scared me. Was he powered? Was he watching us to learn our fighting patterns? I didn't know.

Then there was the day I did see him run. JJ had accidently thrown something in the kids direction and I heard him squeak as he dodged the falling rock, brushing past me. His fingers touched my skin and I felt a... tingle, almost, that was the only way I could describe it. He also brushed against Harry too, who looked around, confused. Josh saw him as well.

"That kid again! He ran past me when we fought that metal dude, is he trying to get himself killed!"

But something told me there was more to him than just being curious, I just didn't know what.