Minishaw- Snap

Harry's P.O.V.

I knew Simon had been having a difficult few days, but I hadn't quite realised how bad it was. He had barely left his office in four days when I started to feel just a little bit off colour. He had been fighting several copyright claims, planning a trip for an event, fighting with an editor and trying to record about six videos at the same time, and he was irritable. Any thing would set him off. I didn't blame him, I understood the grind, but the fact I was sick made me worried.

That morning I had curled up on the couch in the corner of my boyfriends office, blanket over me. I wanted nothing more than to cuddle up with him in bed but I knew he was busy. I wanted to go over and calm him down too but Simon would only push me away, telling me to leave him alone so he could concentrate.

Simon was hyper focused on his screen, my eyes glazing over as I watched him work. I wanted to sleep but I couldn't, I felt too ill. I coughed quietly into my elbow, groaning miserably. Aside from the cough I had a pounding headache, a steadily rising fever making me shiver and, despite having not eaten since lunch the day before, I had no appetite. The only reason I stayed where I sat was because it was the only way I could be near him.

"Si?" I called miserably, head in my hands. My boyfriend groaned irritably, apparently having been enjoying the silence to concentrate.

"What?" He grumbled, not even looking away from the screen. "I'm busy Harry."

"I don't feel very well." I murmured. "I've got a headache and I feel so sick..."

"There's painkillers in the cabinet in the bathroom." He interrupted. "Sleep it off or something, I'm busy right now."

I nodded, even though he couldn't see me, and slipped from the couch. I stumbled as I walked but managed to find the medication he was talking about, downing it with a glass of water. But I still felt like shit. I just wanted to sleep, but I couldn't sleep without him.

Making my way back to the couch I almost collapsed on it, choking back a sob at the sudden wave of pain that radiated from my head. But Simon hadn't even seemed to have noticed that I left, let alone that I returned. I curled up on the couch and buried myself under my blanket, silent tears dripping down my cheeks.

I managed to hold out on breaking the silence for about 15 minutes, before it just got too much.

"Si? Can we cuddle?" I knew I sounded pitiful, like a child, but I certainly didn't expect his reaction.

"Can it wait?" Simon snapped, not even looking at me. "This is more important right now Harry."

"Please-"

"Stop Harry! Can you just go somewhere else? You're annoying me." He grunted.

I moved away, heart sinking and completely hurt that he wasn't even trying to hear me out. "But..."

That was when he started shouting. "Harry! I swear to god, now you've made me mess up! I've got to start this whole thing again! Just go away, fuck's sake!"

Tears were already forming in my eyes. He had never yelled at me before, hell, he had never been angry at me before, and this was scaring me. With my hands shaking I got to my feet, blanket pulled around my face so he couldn't see the tears, and made to move towards the door.

"A headache isn't going to kill you." He spat. "You're 23 Harry, you aren't a baby. You're old enough to look after yourself. I need to get this done so just leave me alone for a couple of hours!"

I fell completely silent, shaken. I mean... it wasn't like he was wrong. I should have been old enough to look after myself. I shouldn't have needed my boyfriend to cuddle with me.

I left his office silently, tears trailed down my cheeks and dripping onto the floor. The second I reached our bedroom I started full on sobbing, collapsing onto the bed after closing the door. I closed my eyes and just hoped that sleeping would maybe ease the pain of the headache, would stop the nausea.

------------------------------------------------

When I next woke up the sky outside was still light, but the sun was beginning to set. That meant I had slept at least 4 hours and despite everything I was still exhausted and I felt no better than I had earlier. In fact, I felt worse. It took me only a moment to realise that I was about to throw up and bolted from bed, nearly tripping after being tangled in the sheets, before just making it to the toilet in time to heave into it.

I had to stay there for at least ten minutes, gagging and sobbing from the pain in my head and stomach. I felt disgusting, sweaty and feverish, blonde hair sticking to my forehead, and after that time I sat back against the wall with nothing else to throw up. My mouth stung, the room stank of vomit.

For a moment I considered calling out to my boyfriend or going to him, but decided against it. He didn't care earlier and he probably still busy as well, and I knew that getting him involved would only make me mad again.

I stood up slowly, leaning against the wall for support. My vision slanted and I almost passed out but after a minute or two of harsh, laboured breathing, I managed to stumble back to bed. Before I collapsed back into bed I pulled on one of Simon's hoodies and cried myself to sleep again.

Simon's P.O.V.

I sighed deeply, rubbing my eyes with my hands. Finally, after four days, I had finished everything and I could go to bed. Squinting at the clock I determined it was a little after 11 and, after stretching and yawning, decided to head up to bed.

Honestly I did feel bad for snapping at Harry earlier but I was so close to finishing, I was annoyed and overworked. I just wanted silence and didn't want to deal with anyone at that moment- I would have snapped the same way at anyone. I knew I had to apologize though, because I could have been nicer about it.

Approaching the bed I smiled to myself, seeing my boyfriend wrapped in my oversized hoodie, but that quickly faded to panic as I got a closer look. Harry's face was pinched even while sleep, face red and covered in a sheen of sweat. His nose was wrinkled in pain. He was breathing in short, laboured pants.

I crouched down beside the bed, gently running a hand through his hair. "Harry?" I asked, cringing on his behalf as a whimper fell from his lips. "Oh darlin', you're sick."

He seemed to focus a little on that, managing to squint and then groan again. "No shit. Go finish your work, I'm fine." My heart sank almost into my stomach.

"I'm done babe, I finished. Why didn't you tell me, I could have helped..."

"I did." He rolled onto his other side so he was facing away from me. "You got angry at me."

I felt guilt washing over me at that. He had told me he was sick, but I completely ignored him in favour of solving my own problems first. I'd let him suffer by himself all evening because I had been such as asshole, I hadn't even checked on him! But now I was berating myself, heart physically hurting at seeing such a pitiful sight.

"I'm so sorry Harry..." I breathed, climbing onto the bed beside him. "I didn't meant to ignore you, I'm sorry..."

He turned his head a little, watching me over his shoulder.

"Mm." He murmured. "It's fine, I just want to sleep Si."

I very gently moved Harry so he was facing me again, sighing internally in relief as he buried himself against me. He wasn't too mad at me, if he was he would be trying to push me away or even going as far as trying to move to the guest bed. I knew he just wanted comfort and was feeling like shit. I could make it up to him properly when he was feeling better. For now, I would just cuddle with him and help him sleep.

I stayed with him all night, rubbing his back each time he threw up and held him when he couldn't sleep because of the nausea or pain. I only slept when Harry passed out from exhaustion at around 6am.

I completely regretted snapping at him and I hated myself for it, but I didn't think about it. I needed to be calm and collected for him.

"I love you babe." I murmured, pressing a kiss to his forehead. "I hope you're feeling better soon."

Harry grunted a bit, but his reply soothed me. "I love you too Si."