\ 4 - 1 /

[🌼] ------------------- |•| ------------------- [🌼]

I could tell Chica didn't expect my question on her glance. Did I sound blunt? I found no other way to keep it from being too forthright, and yet I still waited for an answer.

   "What do you mean, Bonnie?" Chica asked back.

   "Yeah, do you have any idea where Freddy was built?" I repeated.

   "I'm sorry, Bonnie. Freddy has been my boss and friend for a long time, basically since the day I'm in this pizzeria, but I didn't mind of trying to know more about his past, at least more about him before I met him. I could tell you about what he's into, but have no idea where he was built."

   "Oh, that's a shame," I said looking down.

   "But seriously, if there's something you want to know about Freddy, you can ask me," she said putting her hand on my shoulder.

   "Thanks, Chica." I hid my disappointment beneath a grin. "I will."

   "Ok, so... maybe you'd like to go to sleep some more while the pizza's ready for breakfast." She headed back to her own business.

   "I guess I will, I still feel tired because of last night," I said as I hid a little my face with my ears.

   "Yeah, beautiful night, huh," she used that tone again. "It's ok, this pizza will be ready soon, so don't get a long dream."

   "Got it. Thanks!" I quickly left the kitchen.

   "You're welcome."

   I returned to my bedroom while making another thing up about finding out the truth about Freddy. I did my best to get rid of a gaze that said more than the speech she gave me, I spotted her singularity and tension along the explanation though, which led me right away to a lie, so I was almost completely sure Chica knew something about Freddy's truth. It was frankly impossible that all this time they had been working together, they haven't gotten to know each other; during last night, they were getting along and talking as good as old pals, so I found no confirmation with what I got. I was willing to find it out someway eventually.

   I sat on the edge of my bed resting my elbows on my knees while trying to kill this desperate urge of discovering the truth; the longer I was alone the worse it seized me up. I was just incapable of drifting those pictures of the little bear and my boss away, who was so—I meant. Oh! I'd had it!

   I quickly got up to take a peek to all the rooms. It looked like Chica was still busy in cooking, Foxy's cove was shut, and so was Freddy's room. Chica told me that today was Sunday, so I guessed Freddy wasn't gonna wake up early. With this raging perplexity, I sneaked myself along this room to reach his door. I actually expected to find nothing useful in there, and yet I kept going forward.

   I heard some snoring from outside, which meant that he was still asleep. Sweet! Then somehow a chance sprang up. I slowly opened the door of Freddy's room just to take a peek. The walls into his room had the same style of the whole pizzeria: with a sort of short groove with red edges and its center like chess game and the rest of it light grey.

   The way Freddy was laying was facing his bathroom with his back to me. I just saw the furry back of his head sticking out of the white blankets. His snoring somewhat rumbled stronger when inside. Ok, focus, focus! I made it all the way inside the room; he was still asleep. There was, at the left side of his bed, a square nightstand like mine; there was where I kept my most precious belongings: the daisy and my guitar pick. I tiptoed toward that little drawer, though the fear inside of me started growing up. What would I do if Freddy woke up and spotted me in his room without permission? He'd kill me!

   I was before the drawer, and also too close to Freddy. I heard 'im snore louder, but even staying this close when I shouldn't have been, I managed to open it as quiet as possible. There were a lot of papers, files, knickknacks; nothing that seemed useful, not even a picture. In that moment Freddy turned around facing in my direction, but he was still asleep. For a second I thought I was gonna throw my heart up onto him. As he moved, I froze and widened my eyes just expecting his eyelids to flick open, but the slumber prevailed. I kept scrutinizing the wooden space, and this time I focused on a yellow file, just like the one that Hippo found in MoonLight. No valuable information from my point of view, but I did find a picture: it was Freddy and a kind of female animatronic in a shape of a fox. I turned around the picture and I saw a legend.

FF & FF

Together forever

I didn't know who FF was, but I did know who FF was. I thought Freddy had never had a relationship, but this seemed to say the opposite, and with a girl who was not a bear. Obviously FF stood for Freddy Fazbear. She might have suggested that Freddy kept this, for I wouldn't buy the fact that this perfect calligraphy was his.

   I felt my heart in my throat again about to spit it out. Calm down! You have to get out of here! I left the picture in its place and closed the drawer, but I accidentally closed it with a loud thud, which caused quite a rumble loud enough to wake Freddy up. Freddy breathed deeply and stretched his arms up, looking around, and then he stopped in a sudden when his glance sprang on me in the middle of his room.

   "Bonnie!" His voice was hoarse, "what are you doing here?"

   "I..." I said hoarsely too.

   I had no idea what to answer, I just wanted to flee and think that this never happened, practically to get out of the pizzeria and be eaten by Earth.

   "When did you get here?" he asked puzzled.

   "It's uh... I wanted to know if... if... y-y... you d-don't h... h-have m-my... GUITAR PICK!" I stuttered.

   "Uhh... No, I haven't seen it," he managed hard to speak fluently.

   "Oh, ok. Then I'm going back to my room," I said pointing to the door. "Sorry fo-for bothering you, I promise not to do it again."

   "Bonnie, wait," Freddy said while sitting on his bed, "don't go. Wait, please."

   As I heard Freddy asking me to wait, I turned around to him frowning about to cry, but lucky me it didn't happen.

   "Are you ok? Did... did I say something?" Freddy smoothed his tone.

   It sort of relaxed me when I heard his sweet voice, so I strengthened up for a better answer.

   "No, don't worry, it's ok."

   "Ok?" he replied unsure. "Hey, I was wondering... do you think we could talk? You know, you and me alone? Not now, but later."

   "Yeah, sure thing," I replied nervous, "just let me know when."

   "Ok, I will."

   "Well... I think I'm gonna go now," I said heading back to the door.

   "Sure, and don't worry about this, just please knock the next time."

   "Yep," I said with my eyes closed and blushed. "See you at breakfast."

   "See ya." I heard him when I closed the door behind me.

   Freddy's reaction made no sense at all to me when he saw me in his room. Did he actually buy what I said? I wouldn't have even bought my stupid lie. But this was different somehow; it even looked like he was the one sneaking into my room: he was as ashamed as I was.

   Chica was still cooking, but after what I just saw, my appetite perished. I had no idea why that picture made me feel this way. I couldn't let anyone see me like this. I wiped my tears and I got to my room sobbing all the way in. Seeing that wasn't too far from an arrow striking right through my heart, only if I really had one since I was still an animatronic. Hopefully no one was going to hear me cry for someone I didn't even have feelings to. I knew I wasn't gay, I knew it, I just knew it! I didn't like Freddy!

...

   Did I?

  [🌼] ------------------- |•| ------------------- [🌼]