\ 6 - 5 /

[🌼] ------------------- |•| ------------------- [🌼]

Bonnie

   "Isn't that Mike here yet? I don't wanna be found by that thing."

   "They told me he had a familiar trouble, he had to attend to an event."

   "I'll tell the boss so he can get his ass right here right away. I don't think I could be here anymore."

   "Cool it. You really think it's walking through the city from there towards this restaurant?"

   "I dunno, but wherever it goes, there's chaos and that shit."

   "Then don't come anymore and stay at home," one man said while they both were walking out the restaurant.

   "No, I need this job; they won't accept me somewhere else..." The other man complained as one of them locked the front door, leaving us "disabled" and alone on stage.

   We often waited for the employees to go away far enough so we could roam around, but I just couldn't stand this, I needed to see Freddy right away.

   "Bonnie, wait! We have to wait some more," Chica whispered loudly.

   "I'm sorry, I have to see him," I said turning to Chica, then making my way back to Freddy's room again.

   When I got in, I saw poor Freddy quiet on his bed just like I found him this morning. I made it until I was next to him and, at the same time, checking him out to make sure nothing went worse. And I thought everything looked good, as least according to what I saw. When I stood next to the side he was laying on, I placed my paw on his furry cheek and tilted my head so our foreheads could be together.

   "I promise you'll be ok, my Fred," I said hoarsely.

   In that moment Chica suddenly walked up, and I raised my head to see her.

   "How is he?" she asked quietly.

   "He looks alright. He's breathing normally." My voice hinted a lack of hope.

   Chica looked down at Freddy. "Bonnie."

   "What?"

   "Don't worry anymore. Just before we started to work, I called a friend of mine who knows more about medicine and all that stuff, I'm pretty sure she'll be able to take care of Freddy while we're working." She patted on my shoulder.

   "Are you sure about that?"

   "Absolutely. She must be around here by now, so I'm gonna check the front door to see if she's here."

   "Ok," I said while looking at Chica walking out.

   I kept contemplating Freddy and his lazy heaving of his wide chest, and though no words passed his lips, I found my staring pretty pleasant, aside from some vows I'd been meddling to tell once he awakened, some memories we could build by travelling or some new scenarios that may have place now that we knew each other. It would be wonderful! I came closer to him again, but this time to the other side of the bed so I could lay down next to him, like if I were going to sleep with him—which I wasn't willing to since I wanted him to rest. I got a better stare from here; I watched the way his black nostrils flared calmly, and how he looked like without his top hat: his natural beauty. Those little moments we'd spent in the pizzeria came back to me. I stretched my arm to rub softly his forehead, going down from there to his cheekbone; no tangled fur. He was so cute.

   I heard somebody opened the front door; maybe Chica's friend was here, so it was better to go and meet her. I got up from the bed and pulled up the white blanket so Freddy could be more covered.