Chapter 6: L'amour

[🌼] ------------------- |•| ------------------- [🌼]

It was just pain what passed through my mind right now. It was a heck long ago since I last slept on the ground with bare body. I dreamt about how that old pizzeria was in its time, about Fredbear and his partner. Everything seemed to go swell in that restaurant, it was a shame to have gone through that misfortune and ruin the owner's dream though. Pretty sure he was gonna figure it out to accomplish his desire with success. I had forgotten the fact that Bonnie had finally known about the pizzeria's real past, and that was why he slept with me.

   Where was he? I sure expected to find him here with me when I woke up, or at least him to tell me he was heading to bed. According to the watch next to the computer, it was 5:23 A. M. Chica was certainly in the kitchen making breakfast by now. Maybe she happened to know anything about Bonnie. I got up as my legs and arms hurt like fucking helm; even as a non-human dude, anyone could get that hurt by sleeping like this. Gotta keep it as a life lesson, or at least to bring over a pillow next time.

   Everywhere was still dark and, just like I expected, the light in the kitchen was already on, letting go some of its yellow beams through the half-closed door. The closer I was to it, the louder those common, kitchen sounds rumbled around. I pushed the door all the way opened.

   "Chica?" I said without seeing her yet.

   "Uh?" she said confused. "Oh! Morning, Freddy, what made you come here at this time?"

   "Well... got some troubles to sleep and... I wanted to come here and talk to you," I said as I sat down on the kitchen's table.

   "Sure! We can talk while I cook this pizza," she said as she turned back at the kitchen's bar. "Now I'll make a very special pizza that you and everyone must definitely try out."

   "Oh boy, that sounds... delicious," I said kind of unsure. "Thanks, Chica."

   I could see Chica with a big grin, but broke it eventually and spoke to me.

   "Hey, Freddy, can I ask you something?"

   "What?"

   "Why you couldn't sleep?" she asked while looking and handling the same ol' dough.

   "I dunno, maybe too much pizza from yesterday, or maybe it was the show."

   "Are you sure?" she said in a teasing tone.

   "Uhh... Yes. Why you ask?"

   "It's really odd that you got troubles to sleep last night; I mean the one who could get troubles to sleep, I guess, it's Bonnie, doncha think so?"

   "Well, yeah. Guess you're right." I traced with my index finger a nothing on the table. "But then what do you think it was for?"

   Chica kept silent for a while.

   "Look, I know I'm putting myself in things that are not up to me. You have your personal life and I have mine, but maybe that little problem that didn't let you sleep last night has a name, and it's not necessary an illness, but a passion inside of you that we don't know yet. A passion that sooner or later we're all going to find out. You just need to love and accept yourself, so you'll accept everybody."

   "What are you talking about?" I asked confused to her weird speech.

   "Listen, maybe it's easy to keep secrets from people, but you and me know each other for a long time ago, since we were children basically: we know what we like, what we don't like, what we do, what we dream and all that stuff. Anyone could say that we're a couple, but fortunately we're not; no offense." She got back to cook the pizza. "And between you and me it's really hard to conceal secrets. For example, I'm pretty sure you already know what Foxy and me are going through, right?"