\ 4 - 9 /

[🌼] ------------------- |•| ------------------- [🌼]

   "Hope you enjoy it!" Chica said setting the pizza on the white table.

   I could tell I wasn't the only one who frowned by looking at a pizza burned to ashes, but Freddy was too. Foxy seemed to be ok with the burned thing, even though it was more coal than pizza; in fact, I hadn't realized how close were Foxy and Chica when we were all gathered.

   "Ok... any good reason to explain this?" Freddy said folding his arms on his chest.

   "Well it's... I was... There was a... It's just that cheese is flammable," Chica replied smiling.

   Cheese was flammable? Freddy looked at her asking for the truth without words. Chica was still faking a smile, but broke it up eventually.

   "Alright, it was all my fault: I got distracted and totally forgot the pizza in the oven, it almost burned up the kitchen," she said in a guilty tone.

   Freddy sighed deeply.

   "I'm sorry, Chica, but you'll have to clean all the burned pizza in the oven."

   "Yes, I'm sorry." Chica looked down.

   "Wait!" Foxy raised up his hook. "Hold it, papa bear! It wasn't Chica's fault, the lass was perfectly cooking the pizza, and... I was the one who distracted her. It's my fault that she left the pizza burning."

Oh my, Chica's eyes were glistening like hell. It looked like she was looking at the fireworks on 4th of July.

   "In that case, Foxy, you'll have to clean the kitchen, unless Chica disagrees."

   "No! I'll do it," Foxy said.

   "Thanks, baby," Chica silently said.

   "It's ok, babe," he replied with a smile.

*     *    *

Dinner had finished. It was already 11:30 P. M. Chica and Foxy were brushing their teeth in the restrooms. I supposed they didn't own a personal bathroom like Freddy and I do in our bedroom. I was once again zoning out, so I decided to sit here, where we were used to have dinner, just waiting for Freddy to bring something. I had no idea if it was for me or him, but he told me he was going to need it until midnight. Foxy and Chica walked out of the restrooms.

   "Hey, Bonnie, why don't you go to sleep? Tomorrow we'll have to work again," Chica said with Foxy embracing her waist from behind.

   "I'm not sleepy; I'll stay here a few minutes."

   I could see they mumbled to each other while frowning, but then they looked back at me.

   "Ok, good night!" she said as they walked away.

   "Good luck, lad!" Foxy said with a wink.

   Why did he do that? Good luck for what? I gave back an expression like I understood what he meant.

   It already took Freddy quite long, and I started feeling sleepy in all of my own, but... Freddy asked me to wait for him awake and... and... and... I got it! I just had to shut my eyes for a while, and when I heard him coming back I just had to flick them open. Good! Then... I made myself comfortable in this chat and drift my mind away into something beautiful... pizzas, the wet and calmly forests, the sound of a bonfire... the...

   Chica was leaving Foxy's cove and jogging to me.

   "Hey, Bonnie."