Childhood Friend

Jennie

I followed Lisa and Chaeng nung umalis sila sa reception. Alam ko na her message was for me and not for Seulgi and Irene. I saw how much pain I put into her nung iniwan ko siya.

"What was that?" I heard Chaeng said to Lisa. I can see how disappointed she was nang dahil sa nangyari. "A message for my friend!" sagot niya naman. "No Lisa! Hindi yun mensahe para kina Seul! Lis have you realized what you said there? Did you hear yourself? Have you realized that you've almost ruin Seul and Irene's night? Lis hindi ito ang tamang panahon para balikan yung nangyari sa inyo in the past. It's not about you and Jen! Please! Get yourself together!" sabi niya.

Napalingon si Chaeng sa direksyon ko. She walk towards me. "Can I talk to her? Please?" sabi ko. Hindi siya umiimik. Alam kong tinatantiya niya kung eto yung tamang panahon para kausapin ko si Lisa. "Please" I said in most sincerest way possible. "Jen lasing siya, baka kung anong gawin niya" sagot niya naman. I look at her in the eye and said, "Nope, I know na kahit lasing siya, hindi niya ko kayang saktan" sabi ko naman and she just nod.

I looked at her direksyon at nakita kong nakayuko siya and when she lift up her head our eyes locked. All I can see through her eyes was anger and pain. Anger and pain that is all caused by me.

"What are you doing here?" tanong niya sakin bakas ang galit sa boses niya. "Lili can we talk?" sabi ko while looking at her straight to her eyes. "I'm Lisa not Lili" I am shocked the way she said it. It was the very first time she talked to me that way, so cold. I used to her being so soft and calm when she's talking to me but I guess she's changed and it is all because of me. I composed myself and I said, "Okay, Lisa can we talk?" "Wala na tayong dapat pagusapan" sabi niya. "Please just hear me out" sabi ko as I tried to hold her in the arm but she dodged. "Please?" I said begging her. "No Jen, you've made your choice already and it's not me" she answered while looking at me bitterly. I felt like I was stabbed by a knife in my chest because of what she said at hindi ko na napigilang mapaiyak.

Kahit na masakit pinilit kong tanggapin kasi alam ko nasaktan ko siya. I was about to hug her when Jisoo came. Lisa went to her and leave me.

I decided to go home. Hindi na ko nakapagpaalam kina Irene at Seulgi coz I don't feel like facing them at this state. I look like a mess now. My make up had smuged ng dahil sa kakaiyak. I just texted Seul na umuwi na ko para hindi siya magalala.

I go straight to my room pagdating ko and agad akong humiga sa kama and continue to sob habang yakap yakap ko yung unan ko. Ang sakit, ang sakit sakit parin pala. Akala ko all this time naka move n na ko. It's been two years already and she still has the same effect on me. Pero sino bang niloloko ko, I know na kahit kelan naman hindi siya nawala sa puso ko.

Flashback

"Jen? Jennie Kim?" napalingon ako sa babaeng tumatawag sakin. "Yeri?" sabi ko naman habang kinikilala kung siya nga ba yung Yeri na kababata ko. "Oh my God! I knew it was you! Kamusta ka na?" tanong niya sakin. "I'm good?" sagot ko naman. I invited her to sit down with me para naman makapag catch up kami. "So what are you doing here in SG?" tanong niya sakin. "Well, I am attending a conference here, ikaw?" tanong ko. "Well, I'm here for Chanel fashion show. I'm one of the stage directors and we'll be having a fashion show here tonight. Baka gusto mong umattend, I'll give you a pass. I know how much you love Chanel" sabi niya while smiling widely. "So, you really pursue it huh? To work with Chanel" sabi ko. But why do I feel this way? I am happy for her that she was able to achieve her dream, our dream to be working with Chanel but why do I feel bad about myself?

"Yeah, we've been dreaming of working with Chanel right. How about you Jen, do you still want to work with Chanel? I remember you want to be Chanel's marketing head someday, right?" tanong niya while drinking the coffee she ordered. "Well, yeah but I don't think I can. Saka malabo yun sobrang taas na ng pangarap na yun" sabi ko naman while giving her a weak smile. "shut up!" I was shocked by how loud she said it. "Ikaw ba talaga yung Jennie Kim na kilala ko?" sabi niya. "Huh?" confused na tanong ko sa kanya. "Yung Jennie Kim na kilala ko walang inaatrasan, malakas yung kumpyansa sa sarili. Naalala mo nung mga bata tayo? I am always on the negative side, doubting myself na magiging stage director ako ng Chanel but you always told me na kaya ko at walang imposible sa mundo. Jen yun yung pinanghawakan ko and look at me now, living my dream kaya I'm sure na kaya mo rin" sabi niya while holding my left hand na nakapatong sa lamesa.