Merry Christmas

Lisa

After 2 years...

"Let's go??" I opened the car door for Chaeng and assisted her to the shotgun seat.

Papunta kami ngayon sa bahay nila Jen coz me and the gang decided to celebrate this Christmas eve at the Kim's mansion dahil walang kasamang magpapasko ang Dad niya. My Dad will also be there to celebrate with us. For two consecutive years, Jennie can't go home for Christmas because of their fashion event na laging ginaganap before mag Christmas. Jennie's so sad nung ipaalam niya sakin na hindi ulit siya makakauwi but I told her it's okay and we can just video call each other. I admit nalulungkot den ako coz for the nth time hindi ko naman siya kasamang icecelebrate ang pasko but I have to endure it, for Jennie, for us.

It'a been two years na simula nang umalis siya at bumalik sa US. Since then hindi pa ulit siya nakakabalik ng Pinas coz she's been so busy with her projects, product launching, trade events, and fashion shows. I've tried visiting her but my schedule didn't allow me as well. Malapit na rin kasing matapos yung project namin with the Berkeley team and I've been so busy na rin sa pagpapatakbo ng company. But despite of our busy schedules, we promised each other na maguusap kami everyday regarding our struggles, at kung ano ano pang ginawa namin sa loob ng araw na yun, to keep our communication alive. Kaya naman kahit pagod na pagod na kami we called, text, email, video chat each other when the time allows. Madalas nakakatulugan na namin ang isa't isa but we're not complaining. I also took an extra effort para pasayahin siya. I availed an annual flower delivery service para magdeliver kay Jennie ng three long stemed roses every morning and every morning den I am video calling her kasi gusto ko ako yung una niyang makikita pagkagising niya.

3..2..1.. Merry Christmas!!!

Sabay sabay naming pagbati when the clock ticks twelve.

We kissed each other habang binabati ang isa't isa ng Merry Christmas at habang inaantay ko yung pagtawag ni Jennie.

"Merry Christmas Dad!!" pagbati ko sa Daddy ko sabay ng paghalik ko sa pisngi niya. Chaeng did the same but afterwards she turned on the video call to talk to her parents. I waved and greet Chaeng's parents and sibling Alice a merry Christmas and they thank me for taking care of my Chipmunk. Hindi kasi sila makakauwi dito dahil na rin sa trabahong maiiwan nila sa Australia.

I also greeted Daddy Henry and I can say He's very happy despite of Jennie not being here. He thanked each of us dahil dito namin napiling magcelebrate ng pasko.

After the greetings nagbigayan muna kami ng mga regalo bago kami kumain. Napuno ng tawanan ang hapag kainan dahil sa maiingay na sina Seulgi at Momo.

Ringggg.. Ringgggg.. Ringgg..

I looked at my phone that's vibrating on my pocket. I took it and saw Jennie's face on it. She's video calling me. I smiled like an idiot bago ko sagutin yung tawag niya. When I hit the green button, her beautiful face appeared on the screen. She's wearing a red Chanel jacket and a white pants. Her hair was in a messy bun and she sitting on the couch beside the Christmas tree on her apartment.

"Merry Christmas Love!!!!" masaya niyang pagbati sakin.

"Merry Christmas!!" I said pouting my lips to give her a kiss. She did the same and kiss the screen of her phone. Gosh! My baby is so cute and I miss her so much. We both chuckle on our sillyness na hindi naman nakawala sa paningin ng mga kaibigan namin.

"Is that Jennie??" Daddy Henry asked.

I looked at them and I almost forgot that I am here with all of them.

"Ah..Yes.. Here.." I said then I lifted the phone up na para kaming magseselfie so that Jennie can see na we are all here at their mansion celebrating Christmas together.

"Merry Christmas guys!!! Merry Christmas Dads!!" pagbati niya naman at halos lahat ay kumaway sa kanya at sabay sabay na bumati ng Merry Christmas.

I gave the phone to Jennie's Dad first para makapagusap sila. I looked at Daddy Henry and I saw how he forced himself not to cry in front of her daughter. I stand behind him tapping his shoulder.

"Merry Christmas my Jendeukie. I miss you. Go home soon" Daddy Henry said.

"I miss you too Dad. I love you!" Jennie answered back.

Daddy Henry gave me the phone while he's swiping the tears on his eyes. He doesn't want her daughter to see him crying. I smiled when my Dad tap his shoulder and console him.

Isa isa kong iniabot yung phone sa mga kaibigan namin at isa isa naman silang bumati kay Jennie. When everyone done talking to her, I took my phone and I went to the garden to talk to her privately.

I smiled. We are both silent. We're just looking at each other on the screen. I can see the sadness in her eyes at hindi ko naman mapigilan na malungkot rin but I shoved that thought aside and decided to lighten the mood.

"So how are you? are you done Christmas shopping?" I asked.

"Yeah. Mina and I went shopping earlier. Nakakapagod dahil ang dami nang tao sa mga malls" she complained.

Dingdong..

I smiled when I heard the doorbell ring kasi alam kong dumating na yung regalo ko para sa kanya but I furrowed my brows when someone talked.

"Ako na Jen!!" a girl shouted.

"Who's that?" I asked.

She smiled. "Mina. She's with me to celebrate Christmas"

"I see"

Mina sat down beside Jennie. Jennie is just looking at her. I smiled when I see Mina handing the bouquet of flowers and the red rectangular box to Jennie. Finally, my gift for her arrived.

"Hi Lisa!!" pagbati sakin ni Mina. I've met Mina a years ago when Jennie introduced her to me via video call. She's kind and she's so bubbly, maybe that's why Jennie is so fond of her.

I smiled at her and said "Hi" in return but my eyes are glued on the girl beside her. Jennie is reading the card that is on the flowers that simply says 'I miss you. Merry Christmas, Love'

Jennie looked at me on the screen with teary eyes but she was smiling that made her fluffy cheeks noticeable.

"Open my gift now. I hope you like it" sabi ko naman pertaining to the red rectangular box. She put the flower beside her on the couch and she started opening the red box. I can see the excitement in her eyes habang binubuksan niya yung box habang ako naman parang tangang magisang nakangiti dito sa garden.

She smiled when she saw what's inside the box. It's a gold necklace with an initial that can be an L or a J. Pwede kasi siyang magmukhang L or J depende kung paano mo siya susuotin. I told Jennie to look closely on the pendant para makita niya yung naka engrave. I made it personalized for her. I just told them to put 'I love you J' on it which you can only see kapag tinignan mo siya ng malapitan.

Her smile grew bigger habang tinutulungan siya ni Mina na isuot yung necklace. I smiled looking at my gift. It perfectly fits her. She looked down on it holding it by her two fingers. She was smiling until tears escape in her beautiful cat like eyes. I know she's very happy.

"Thank you Lisa. I love you and I miss you so, so much!!" she said wiping her tears using the back of her palms.

I smiled seeing her happy.

"I love you more baby. See you soon!"