I'll Wait

Seungho

I went home after naming magusap ni Jennie. I knew it! I knew from the very beginning na she doesn't mean what she said. Aaminin ko I was hurt kasi umasa ko, pinaniwala ko yung sarili ko na baka may nararamdaman na rin siya para sakin but after all this time si Lisa pa rin yung gusto niya, si Lisa pa rin yung mahal niya. I know na isang malaking pagpapakatanga yung gagawin ko. Yung magpagamit ako sa kanya para pagselosin si Lisa pero anong magagawa ko, it's better this way kesa tuluyan siyang mawala sakin. Atleast kahit hindi totoo, naranasan kong maging boyfriend niya kahit sandali. I like her, no, I love her kaya handa akong gawin to para sa kanya. I am willing to sacrifice myself for her kahit na ako pa yung masaktan.

First time ko pa lang siyang makita nun sa Singapore hindi na siya mawala sa isip ko, at nung sinabi sakin no Yeri na she wants to be part of Chanel tinanggap ko agad siya without knowing her ability and capability pagdating sa trabaho. Sa totoo lang I'm not like this. Hindi ako tumatanggap ng isang taong hindi ko alam ang background but with Jennie, I broke my own rules. Nung nagsimula siyang magtrabaho sa New York mas napalapit ako sa kanya. I get to know her more and like her more. She's brilliant pagdating sa trabaho, she's very pretty, and very kind. We became friends as time goes by and dun unti unti niyang inopen ang sarili niya samin. Kinuwento niya samin how she and Lisa broke up, na muntik na silang ikasal but she backed out. At that time, I thought she doesn't love her enough kaya nagawa niya siyang iwan. Pero habang tumatagal I saw how she suffered. Palagi siyang nag oovertime and I always saw her crying while looking at their pictures on her phone, kapag lumalabas kami at nalalasing siya, si Lisa lagi ang bukambibig niya. She always call her in her sleep and she always say "I love you Lisa, I'm sorry" kasabay ng mga luhang umaagos mula sa mga mata niya. That time I knew she loves her so much. I tried pursuing her many times pero maraming beses niya rin akong binusted. She said she's not yet ready and she's still into her. Hindi ko alam kung makakalimutan niya pa ba si Lisa but because I really like her, I told her I am willing to wait. Kaya willing den akong magpagamit sa kanya.

When she told her friends na boyfriend niya na ko, I was so happy kahit na kalahati ng utak ko sinasabing wag kang magpakasaya kasi baka masaktan ka lang. And that part of my brain is right. She doesn't mean it and she just said that to get even with her. She just said that coz she's jealous.

That night I followed her in San Marcelino. I asked her Dad where is she and luckily he told me where can I find her. At the time I reached the place I saw her walking out from the covered court. Sinundan niya si Lisa who's carrying a girl on her arms. Sinundan ko si Jennie and I saw how she cried when the girl kissed Lisa's lips. I saw how hurt Jennie is and I followed her when she ran away crying. I watched her cry her heart out kaya naman lumapit ako sa kanya to comfort her.

"Jen" pag tawag ko. She's now sitting at the parking lot, sobbing on her knees.

She looked up. Her eyes were blooshot dahil sa kakaiyak and it hurts me seeing her like this because of her.

Kung ako na lang sana Jen, I promise I will never hurt you.

That was the words running through my mind habang pinapanood ko siyang umiiyak. I knelt down and I caress her back to give her comfort and she hugged me. She hugged me tight and I let her cry against my shoulder.

Last night, I was so busy at hindi ko na napansin yung mga tawag sa phone ko. Jennie missed call me three time but I wasn't able to answer dahil I'm in a conference call that time. I wondered what happened. I went to the hospital pagtapos ng meeting. It's past 9pm already and when I opened her Dad's hospital room ay hindi ko siya nakita. I saw her Dad sleeping soundly but Jennie is not there. I tried to call her but my call went directly to voicemail. Kung wala siya where else could she be? I think about the possible places na pwede niyang puntahan at unang pumasok sa isip ko yung house nila. I went to their house at agad naman akong pinapasok ng mga guards. I saw a black BMW parked in front of their huge door. I looked at the car but I ignored it and I went inside their house. Manang saw me and she smiled at me.

"Si Jennie po?" tanong ko.

"Nasa kwarto niya kasama si Lisa"

I automatically gritted my teeth when I heard Lisa's name. What the hell is she doing here? So, sa kanya yung kotseng nakaparada sa labas.

"San po yung kwarto ni Jennie?" I asked.

I've been to this house but I've never been to her room.

"Yung huling kwarto sa kanan pag akyat mo nang hagdan.

I bowed down to manang at agad akong tumakbo paakyat sa kwarto ni Jen. Agad naman akong kumanan gaya ng instruction ni Manang. There's a hallway papunta sa mga kwarto and there are 3 doors here. Like she said I went directly to the last room.

I was about to knock when I heard a shout coming inside.

"HEY!! WHY DID YOU DO THAT??!!" a husky voice that I am sure not Jennie shouted.

"HOW DARE YOU KISH HER?? ANG LANDI MO!! ANG LANDI LANDI MO!!!" I'm sure this one is Jennie's.

I was there standing listening to what they are talking about.

"What are you talking about??"

"Gushto mo ba siya? Gushto mo ba si Somi?" Jennie asked.

"Sumagot ka Lisa. Gushto mo ba siya? Sumagot ka. Sumagot ka please"

I hear her sobs and I'm sure she's crying. My mind is hoping na sana umoo siya. Sana sabihin niya kay Jennie na mahal niya yung Somi na yun but my heart sank when she answered 'No'.

I remained standing. I tried to listen more on their conversation pero bigla na lang nanahimik until I heard Jennie moaned Lisa's name. What the hell?

"Lisaaaaa..."

I gulped. I clenched my jaw and formed a ball on my fist and without thinking I knocked on the door really hard. I knocked many times until she opened the door. I gave her a death glare and I saw Jennie sleeping soundly on her bed. I went inside and I intentionally bumped her shoulder.

"Thank you bringing her home. Ako ng bahala sa kanya"

I never told Jennie that Lisa brought her home. Hindi ko alam kung naaalala niya ba yung mga nangyari kagabi but I saw how her face fall when she saw me. I know she's expecting Lisa to be here and not me. I'm hurt but I neved show her I am. In fact, I managed to say I'm okay after she clear things out about us. She told me her annoucement was a mistake but I accepted it wholeheartedly. Handa akong masaktan para sayo Jennie. Handa akong maghintay.