Chopper

Lisa

"Where are we going?" tanong mo habang hila hila kita palabas ng hotel.

"Basta" nakangiting sagot ko naman sayo.

Pagtapos naming magswimming ni Jennie kanina sa Homoron Island ay nagdesisyon kaming bumalik muna sa hotel para makapagpahinga. But what Jennie didn't know is I'm planning something special for her. We've been here in Batanes for three days at uuwi na kami bukas but seems like hindi pa namin naeenjoy at nalilibot yung buong lugar and I don't want to miss every single moment that I am here with Jennie. Kailangang sulitin ko bawat segundo at minuto na kasama ko siya sa paraisong to.

"I thought mamayang hapon pa tayo maglilibot? Ang init pa Lisa!" reklamo niya.

I can feel the irritation on her tone dahil nakasakay kami ngayon sa motor na pinarentahan ko kay Eman habang tirik na tirik ang init ng araw, on our way papunta sa sorpresa ko para sa kanya.

"I'm sorry Love, just endure the heat for a while. Malapit na tayo" I said then I lift her left hand na nakayakap sa bewang ko and I kiss it gently to soothe her and ease her irritation.

She didn't talk instead she just lean her head on my back. I throw some glances at her using the side mirror but I cannot see her face because it is hidden on my back kaya naman nagfocus na lang ako sa pagmamaneho at sa daan.

Ilang minuto lang ay narating na namin ang burol kung saan naghihintay ang sorpresa ko para sa kanya. A strong wind blew that made Jennie cuss.

"What the fu--" she wasn't able to finish what she's about to say when she saw my suprise in front of her.

Out of excitement, she jumped out of the motorcycle and run towards it.

"Seriously Love, we gonna ride this?" her mouth went agape because of excitement. She never really expected this. She doesn't even care how the strong wind coming from the helicopter's blades hit her and messes her hair because of too much excitement. Luckily, she's wearing a shorts and a sweatshirt.

I nod and I walk towards her but I was startled when she throw herself at me and hugged me tight. Hindi ko naman napigilan na mapangiti dahil sa sayang nararamdaman ko at dahil masaya ko na masaya siya.

"Thank you!" she said.

She kissed my cheeks and I chuckled when she excitedly pulled me papalapit dun sa helicopter.

---

"I always want to do this!" she said while happily looking at the beautiful view below us.

"I know" sabi ko.

"And how did you know?" she asked me with an evident smile on her face.

"You told me about it before, naalala ko lang" nakangiting sagot ko naman.

"Yeah, I remember. But I thought you weren't listening that time coz you're too busy when I tell you about this" she said with her furrowed brows.

I smiled and pinch her cute little cheeks slightly.

"I always listen to you Jen. I may not look like it, but believe me or not, I remember everything when it comes to you"

She nod her head and she showed me her gummy smile. Geez! I missed that smile of her!

Jennie and I went back looking at the view and appreciating how beautiful Batanes is. She's leaning on the window, samantalang nakasandal naman ako sa kanya habang nakapatong ang aking baba sa balikat niya at nakayakap naman ang mha kamay ko sa bewang niya. She also tilted her head a little to give me more acess and a good sight of the window, to see the view clearly.

"Wow!! This place is really pretty!!!" Jennie said while looking outside the window.

"And you my love is beyond beautiful!" I say while resting my chin on her shoulder.

I heard her chuckled and she turn her head to where my head is and she gave me a quick peck right beside my lips.

I tighten the hug I can't help but to smile when I hear that all she can say is "Wow!". Hindi mawala yung ngiti sa mga labi niya and I can say she's really happy and I am glad that she's enjoying my surprise. Buti na lang dahil nahirapan ako to make this happen.

Flashback

I sneaked outside our room habang natutulog si Jennie dahil bigla akong may naalala. I remember the time when Jennie told me na gusto niyang makita how beautiful Batanes is from above. She said, she wants to ride a helicopter to roam around it. Sabi niya masyado daw kasing maganda and Batanes and she wants to see everything it can offer. That's why I came up to this helicopter idea, para mapasaya ko siya. Kaya naman dahan dahan akong umalis sa kama, hoping na di ko siya magising para maisagawa ko yung plano ko. I went outside to look for Eman and luckily I was able see him at the lobby.

"Eman?"

"Po?"

"Is there a place where we can rent a helicopter, para ilibot kami sa buong Batanes?"

I saw how Eman furrowed his brows maybe thinking if there's one.

"Naku! pasensya na po Ms. Lisa pero wala pong helicopter rental dito eh" sabi niya while rubbing his nape.

I shook my head. What will I do? Hindi pwedeng hindi matuloy to. I walk back and forth in the lobby habang nakapamewang at nagiisip ng pwede kong gawin and I saw how Eman is watching every move that I make. I stopped in the middle when I remember something.

I took my phone out of my pocket and I quickly dialed Chaeng's number.

"Hello?"

"Chaeng!!!"

"Hey! Don't shout!"

I didn't notice that I already shouted when I called her name. Sobrang naeexcite kasi ako.

"Sorry" sabi ko.

"Napatawag ka?" tanong niya.

"Is the chopper free?" I asked.

Yes, Manoban General Hospital has it's own helicopter. Madalas ginagamit namin to kapag tumutulong kami sa mga rescue missions and kapag may kailangang ihatid na mga supplies or gamot.

"I think so, why? Are you going home?" tanong niya.

"I will explain to you when I get back. I just need that here now" I said.

"Okay"

Luckily, free yung chopper nang hospital ngayon and I can borrow it from them.

After I talked to Chaeng at kausapin ulit si Eman para sa isa ko pang sorpresa ay bumalik na ko sa kwarto namin ni Jennie. Ayoko ko kasing magising siya ng walang kasama. The helicopter will take one and a half hour bago makarating dito so I let Jennie rest. I lay down beside her and watch her as she sleeps. Gosh! She's really beautiful! I'm so blessed that she chose me over everyone else. I am really happy, though alam ko na magkakahiwalay kami ulit, but I will try my best to endure it for her.

"This time, I promise I won't let you go" I said while caressing her cheeks and kissed her forehead.

After an hour and a half dumating na yung helicopter and I wake Jennie up.

End of Flashback