Day 5

Lisa

I am now at the balony of Jennie's room watching the morning sun as it lightens the whole surroundings while letting Jennie sleep on her bed. Napakabilis ng araw. Today is Jennie's last day here in the country and tomorrow we'll be back from being apart as she leaves for New York. Nagpaiwan ako dito kina Jennie coz I want to help her pack her things for tomorrow. This is the first part of me being a supportive partner. I want to show her that I'm serious when I told her I will be here to support her all the way. If you were to ask me kung okay lang ba sakin na magkalayo kami ulit, well to be honest it's not. I still want her to be with me but I don't want to be a selfish girlfriend again and keep her only for myself. Kung meron man akong isang bagay na natutunan sa paghihiwalay namin, yun ay yung maintindihan na hindi lang sayo umiikot ang mundo ng partner mo. That you are together to support each other and not to make her follow what you want or conform to your standards or needs. That you both still have separate lives and separate dreams. Hindi pwedeng isa lang sa inyo yung naggogrow habang yung isa naiiwan. Kapag couple kayo, you should grow together and be matured together. This is the reason why I chose to support Jennie rather than to keep her for myself. I know one day, darating den yung araw na magkakasama na kami for good but for now, I will just let her do everything she wants and fly high as she reached her dream and I promise that I will just be there behind her.

I was watching the beautiful sun that is peeking on the clouds while drinking a cup of coffee in my hands when a pair of familiar hands snaked around my torso. "Mukhang anlalim ng iniisip mo ah? Care to share?"

I turn around to face her and I was mesmerized by her beauty in this early morning. She literally is the example of a woke up like this goddess with her messy wavy hair falling loose on her shoulders, with her beautiful cat like eyes, prominent cute nose, mandu cheeks, and naturally pink plump lips. Everything about her shouts perfection. God I love her so much and I am so lucky to have her. She was startled nang bigla ko na lang siyang yakapin because of the emotion that I cannot contain. This will be our last day together and all I want to do is to be with her, cling to her, cuddle with her, and kiss her like there's no tomorrow coz we both don't know when will this happen again. Jennie told me that it can be two years. More or less two years siyang mawawala. Pero hindi pa sure yun, coz how long will she stay in US will depend on the projects na una na nilang naplano under her supervision. She hesitantly told me about it at first, but I told her it's fine and that I will be supporting her this time. I just hope matapos na lahat ng projects na yun so we can be together for good. I wasn't thinking of proposing to her yet kasi gusto ko munang magawa namin lahat ng gusto naming gawin bago kami magpatali sa isa't isa but I promise, darsting den kami du when the right time comes. Atleast by this, wala na kaming magiging what ifs or regrets kapag ikinasal na kami coz we've already done what we've wanted.

"I love you" I said when I pulled out from the hug and leaned forward to claim her lips.

-----

I asked Jennie kung may gusto ba siyang gawin ngayon for her last day here in the country pero sabi niya mas gusto niyang magstay dito sa bahay with me the whole day, so I agreed. We spend time cuddling in her bed bago kami nagsimulang magempake ng mga gamit niya.

I was sitting on her carpetted floor habang tinitiklop ko yung mga damit niya at isa isa kong inaayos sa loob ng maleta. She sat down on the bed as she watch me taking care of her things.

"Love? Can I have this?" she asked holding my black oversize shirt.

"Yeah sure. Pero bakit yan? Luma na yan eh" I ask.

Pwede naman niyang hingin yung mga bagong damit ko but I don't know kung bakit yung luma yung gusto niya.

"Coz this is your favorite, right?"