Beg, Sleep

Lisa

I parked my car sa may emergency room coz Chaeng said na may kailangan siyang kuning mga papeles with Nurse Jung. Bumaba ako ng kotse para pagbuksan siya ng may pumaradang ambulansya sa likuran ng kotse ko. They opened the ambulance door at ibinababa ang isang lalaking duguan na may neck brace. I saw how the man winced from pain. Biglang bumalik sa alaala ko ang lahat. Unti unting nanghina ang mga tuhod ko and I suddenly felt dizzy and I almost fall down, buti na lang at nasalo ako ni Chaeng.

"Are you okay?"she asked while her hands are snaked around my body to support me. I nod.

"Come on let's go inside" she said. We walked inside the hospital pero sa ibang entrance kami dumaan. We didn't walk through the ER kahit na yun pa yung mas mabilis na daan patungo sa elevator.

Chaeng walk me up hanggang sa opisina ko kahit na sinabi ko nang kaya ko na. She's always like this to me eversince that incident happened. She always made sure na okay na ko bago niya ko iwan.

I slumped my body on my swivel chair, I closed my eyes and started to massage my temple. I can't erased the image of that bloody man inside my head and I felt that my heart is still beating so fast at medyo nahihirapan rin akong huminga. I sit still and rested my head sa headrest ng inuupuan while breathing in and out to calm my mind. Naramdaman ko na lang ang paghawak ni Chaeng sa kamay ko na nakapatong sa table ko.

"Breathe in, breathe out.. Slowly.. In, out". I opened my eyes and I saw the beautiful smile of my bestfriend. I started to feel relax just watching her doing the breathe in and out thing.

"Are you okay now?"

I opened my eyes and I looked at her.

"Yeah, I guess I am. Thanks Chipmunk" i answered giving her an assuring smile.

I opened my laptop and started checking my emails when somebody knocked on the door.

"Come in"I said without looking who is it.

"Oh, hi Jen!" dinig kong pagbati ni Chaeng. My heart beats abnormally upon hearing her name but I ignored it, instead I looked up with a furrowed brows.

"Hi!" she smiled looking at Chaeng then me.

Those smiles, I missed those smiles. I didn't talk, I didn't even acknowledge her presence. I don't know what she's doing here this early but whatever it is I dont care. I bring back my attention sa laptop ko and continued what I'm doing earlier.

"I think I should go na muna. See you later Lis" paalam ni Chaeng.

Shit! wag kang umalis Chaeng. I don't want to be alone with her. I can't. Sabi ko sa sarili ko pero hindi ko magawang ibuka yung bibig ko. Chaeng kissed my cheeks and she walked outside my office saying bye to me and Jennie.

"What are you doing here, AGAIN?" I said emphasizing the word again.

"I came here to ask you a favor" she said.

Wow! Just wow! Jennie Kim! Favor? Is she serious?Who the hell she think she is to ask a favor from me?

I can't help but to smirk at her.

"What's funny?" she asked.

"Are you serious?" I asked while looking up at her.

"YES!" she answered confidently.

I stood up and walked towards her. I looked at her eyes habang papalapit ako sa kanya. We are looking at each others eyes while she steps back and back and back until she reached the door of my office. I stretched both of my arms against the wall at ikinulong siya sa pagitan ng dalawang braso ko. Dahan dahan kong inilapit ang mukha ko sa kanya without breaking our eye contact. My heart started to beat faster and faster habang papalapit ng papalapit ang mukha ko sa mukha niya. I am nervous to be this close again with her, but I ignored it. Damn! She still looks beautiful! I saw how she gulped because of what I am doing but she' not willing to surrender. She hasn't giving in yet. Mas inilapit ko pa ang mukha ko, still looking at her eyes down to her lips until we're almost an inch apart from each others lips. I suddenly felt hot when I feel her hot minty breath across my lips. I tilted my head a little and I saw how she closed her eyes. GOTCHA!! I smirked at the thought that I still have this effect to her. I went to her ears then whispered.