Confession

Lisa

I was caught off guard when Somi suddenly kissed me. She pulled my nape down for her to reach my face. Hindi ko alam kung bakit niya ko hinalikan then I heard a noise coming at the back. I looked back and I got shocked when I see Jennie standing there, shookt, and tears are flowing down her cheeks. She stepped backwards and I turned around to face her but she ran away as fast as she could. I called her name in almost a whisper but enough for her to hear me but she never looked back. Tumakbo lang siya ng tumakbo papalayo samin, sakin. My heart ache seeing her cry, I moved fast para ihatid si Somi sa bahay nila coz I have to follow Jennie. I have to explain. My mind tells me that I don't have to follow her and explain to her but my heart is saying otherwise. I walked faster para mas mabilis kong maihatid si Somi.

Somi didn't talk. Nakatitig lang siya sakin, confused. Somi knows the story behind me and Jennie but I never told her Jennie's name or even show her her face. All she knows is the story behind our break up, nothing more, nothing less. That's why she's very clueless why Jennie is crying, why Jennie ran fast. Luckily, we bumped into Somi's brother Suga. Kakarating niya lang galing trabaho.

"Suga, sorry but I have to leave Somi to you. Ikaw na munang bahala sa kanya. May kailangan lang akong asikasuhin" sabi ko passing Somi to Suga's arms.

"Ako nang bahala sa kapatid ko, makakalis ka na" sagot niya naman. Alam ko hanggang ngayon galit pa rin sakin si Suga but I don't have time para ientertain yung galit niya at magsorry ulit sa kanya ngayon. I have to leave here fast.

I bowed down before him and I nod at Somi then I turned around. When I was about to run, Somi spoke, "Lisa okay ka lang?" bakas yung pagaalala sa mukha niya.

I nod and I said, "I'm fine. See you sa ospital"

she nods and weakly smiled.

Mabilis akong tumakbo pabalik sa covered court. I stopped and I leaned forward at ipinatong ko yung mga kamay ko sa mga tuhod ko to catch my breath. Breathing heavily, I roamed my eyes around to check for a certain brunnette but I can't see her. She's no longer here. Where are you Jennie?

"Lis? what happened?"

It was Chaeng who tapped my back, looking at me, maybe confused why I am breathing so hard and catching my breath.

"Si Je-Jennie? Na-nakita mo ba siya?" hingal na tanong ko sa kanya.

"No"

"Nakita ko siya kanina tumatakbo sa labas and she's crying" sabat naman ni Irene.

"What? Why? What did you do Lis?" tanong ni Chaeng but I didn't mind answering her.

Tumakbo ako ng mabilis palabas ng covered court at agad akong dumiretso sa may parking lot. Tinignan ko yung buong paligid to check on her but I can't see her. Napapagod na ko pero wala akong pakialam, I need to see her. What she saw was wrong. I don't want her to have a wrong impression on it. Hindi ko alam kung bakit ko ginagawa to but I felt like I need to explain. I stopped in the middle of the parking lot at nang mapatingin ako sa may bandang kanan ng parking lot ay nakita kita. You were crying and you were with him again. What the fuck is that Seungho guy doing here? How did he know she's here. I watched them habang inaalalayan siya ni Seungho pasakay sa kotse niya. His hand is at the small of her back and I can't do anything but to watch them with a crumpled fist on both sides and gritted teeth. I stand still habang umaandar papalayo sakin yung sasakyan nila. Great! Perfect timing! I fucked up and yet there he is to save her day like a knight in shining armor!!

We all head back home, silent. No one dared to ask what happened or where Jennie is. Maybe they saw the anger that I can't contain in my eyes and they knew better than anyone how pissed I am right now and they can't talk to me when I am at this state. While driving silently my phone buzzed and I took it from my pants and look at the text message I've got.