Dreams

Jennie

30 minutes.

I've been awake for fuckin' 30 minutes and here I am staring blankly at the white ceiling of my room. Hanggang ngayon hindi ko pa rin maalis sa isip ko how she looked at me bitterly, coldly. Her voice from last night is still echoeing in my mind.

"No Jen, you've made your choice already and it's not me"

Flashback

9 months before the wedding....

"Love, why don't you just work with me sa hospital para lagi kitang kasama?" sabi niya while backhugging me. "As what?" tanong ko naman shifting my body to face her. "Sa marketing magagamit mo pa rin yung course mo". "Lis I want to have a job on my own, besides, I want to work with Chanel, it's my ultimate dream since I was a child" paliwanag ko while hugging her waist. "I understand, I know Chanel is big, sa ibang bansa yes, but here" sabi mo. I suddenly felt sad with what I've heard so I automatically looked down. "Hey" sabi mo lifting my head up. "Don't get me wrong, but I think mas magagamit mo yung marketing power mo sa hospital. People prioritized healthcare first than fashion dito sa bansa natin. I know you have a lot of marketing ideas in you and I believe mas maeexecute mo yun sa hospital kung san mas maraming tao ang makikinabang" paliwanag niya while cupping both of my cheeks in her hand.

Lisa convinced me almost everyday to work with her in the hospital until one day na napapapayag niya na ko. I didn't anymore protest, I set aside my own dream and I end up working with her sa Manoban's General Hospital. Lisa wants me to be the Marketing Head but I refused. I told her I want to start at the bottom which she didn't object. I worked there as a marketing staff. Araw araw nagkikita kami, araw araw sabay kaming pumapasok at umuuwi, kumakain ng lunch and other stuff. Hindi lingid sa kaalaman ng lahat that we are in a relationship and we are engaged coz Lisa introduced me as her fiance to all the staff.

I was there sa lahat ng achievements niya. I was with her when she was awarded as the youngest CLN Quality Awardee and when she got promoted to be the Hospital Director. I was so proud of what she become yet I was feeling a little jelous of what she is now. She is living her dream and here I am, I felt like something is missing. I felt stucked all of a sudden.

I admit, nung makita ko si Yeri sa Singapore and nalaman kong she's working with Chanel, I felt jelous to her kasi she's now what she wants to be. Don't get me wrong. I love working with my Lili but I want to be more. Chanel has always been a dream of me and sumasagi pa rin sa isip ko what if I try, what if I tell Lisa that I want to pursue it. Maiintindihan niya naman siguro ako.

---

2 months before the wedding....

After 2 months when I bumped in to Yeri in Singapore, this morning while checking on my email I saw Yeri messaged me.

From: Kim Yeri

Jen! I have a good news for you! Chanel New York is looking for a marketing coordinator. Ikaw agad ang pumasok sa isip ko. I know you still want to work with Chanel. You might want to consider this? Just send me your CV and I'll forward it to the office. See you soon Jen!

I was so happy yet confused when I read Yeri's email. Should I grab it? Ito na yun oh. Ito na yung pangarap ko. Abot kamay ko na siya but the problem is, it will be in New York and malabo pa sa usok kung papayagan niya ko to work there but I'm not closing my door to it. I will try to talk to her about it and convince her but how do I do that lalo na't 1 month na lang and we will be getting married na. I deeply sighed and decided na wag na munang sagutin si Yeri. Kakausapin ko muna si Lisa about this bago ako magdedesisyon.