YOU

Jennie

I am on my way to the mall now to divert my attention. Buong gabi na kasi akong nagmumukmok sa kwarto ko, nagpapakalunod sa sarili kong mga luha because of the confrontation between me and Lisa last night, that's why I decided to go to the mall for a massage. I felt so stressed with all the drama. Ilang araw pa lang ako dito sa Pinas and here I am so worn out. I want piece of mind kahit sandali lang. It's now 10 am pero sobrang traffic parin kaya naman habang naghihintay ako na umusad yung traffic I dialed my assistant's number to check how's the preparation for the design launch going.

"Hello Mina?"

I waited for her to answer while tapping my fingers on the steering wheel.

"Yes Jen napatawag ka?" sagot niya.

"Nothing urgent. Just wanna ask how's the preparation going? You are not updating kaya ako na ang tumawag" I said.

I trust Mina. I know she knows what she's doing and she knows what I like and I don't normally check on how she works coz she's bright. It's just that I want to stop thinking about last night, about Lisa.

"Sorry Jen. Ok naman ang lahat dito. I've already booked the venue and about naman sa models hindi pa tapos ang go see pero may mga naibook narin naman kami and we already sent the invitation to our brand ambassadors worldwide" she explained.

"Ok good"

"Ahm. Jen?" she said on the other line.

"Hmm?" I answered while stopping on another red light.

"Is everything okay?" she asked.

I know she's wondering why I called. Like I said hindi ko nakaugaliang icheck ang trabaho niya dahil alam ko how dedicated she is to her job at alam kong magaling siya. I know nararamdaman niya rin na there's something wrong with me here. Mina became my friend dahil matagal tagal na rin kaming magkatrabaho.

I sighed before I speak.

"I'm sorry. Just freakin stress lately" I answered.

"Nagkita na kayo?" she asked.

Mina also knew about me and Lisa. She knew how I messed up but she never judge my decisions. She understands me kasi halos pareho lang kami ng sitwasyon. She left her boyfriend for a dream pero ang kaibahan lang is they do not have a wedding the day after tomorrow ng umalis siya. Nung kinuwento ko sa kanya what I did all she said to me how big of a mess I am. She told directly to my face kung gaano kamali yung ginawa ko but on the other hand she said that she gets me. Mahirap nga namang kalaban ang pangarap. She told me na mali ako dahil hindi ko kinausap ko si Lisa pero hindi rin naman mali na piliin ko ang pangarap ko. She said na kung mahal ako ni Lisa, maiintindihan niya ko, at kung talagang para kami sa isa't isa magkakabalikan kami, katulad ng pagbabalikan nila ng boyfriend niya. Hindi ko itatanggi na umasa ako sa mga sinabi niya pero seeing how hurt Lisa was, I doubt kung pareho kaming magkaka happy ending.

"Yeah" I answered looking at the stop light.

"Oh my God really!!!" she excitedly shout.

"God Mina don't shout!" sagot ko kasabay mg paglayo ng phone ko sa tenga ko.

"Oh I'm sorry. So anong nangyari? kayo na ba ulit?ano nang itsura niya? Is she still hot?" she again asked.

"She changed.. A lot.."

"Kwento na dali!" pangungulit niya.

"Hindi pa kami totally nakakakapagusap coz she's still mad at me but I.. I.. I.told her that I still love her and she told me that she loves me too pero ayaw niya na" I answered. Bakas ang lungkot sa boses ko.