Ready

Jennie

"Relax. Everything will be okay" she said trying to calm me.

Andito kami ngayon sa kotse niya on the way to the hospital after I got a call na isinugod daw sa ospital si Dad. I am crying hard right now coz I am really worried about him. I know she's also worried, I can see it in her eyes but she managed to be calm and I thank her for that. I know walang mabuting maidudulot kung pareho kaming magpapanic. She grabbed my hand na nakapatong sa mga hita ko and she squeezed it lightly and I responded by squeezing it back then I looked at her and said, "natatakot ako Lis".

"Shh. Nothing bad will happen. Don't think too much. I'm here. I'm just here, I won't leave you" she said straight to my eyes.

All of a sudden I felt assured with her words. I know she won't leave me.

After a few minutes we arrived in the hospital. Lisa parked her car in front of the emergency room and hand in hand we run as fast as we could to get inside but she stopped at the entrance. Napatingin naman ako sa kanya wondering why she stopped then I see her breathing heavily and her hand was sweating and shaking.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

She gulped then she nod. Hindi ko alam what's running on her mind, why does she seems so bothered and scared. Binitawan ko yung kamay niya and I said, "I can manage it from here, thank you" then I smiled at her weakly and turn around to enter but she quickly grabbed my wrist and pulled me in. I was just looking at her while we're walking ignoring the eyes that are darted on us. Some of the people here knows us, our past. Their eyes speak wonder, maybe thinking kung bat kami magkasama after everything that happened to us, some looked shocked, and some looked confused. But I don't care about what they will think, all I want to see now is my dad. Where is he? Lisa pulled me again and I see Jisoo rushing towards us. She first looked at our intertwined hands then she looked at Lisa then me.

"Good thing you're here. I need to talk to you" she said.

My heart beats so fast because of too much nervousness I feel inside. I nod and I look at her waiting for her to speak. Lisa never let go of my hand, we were both listening with what Jisoo had to say.

"Your Dad is okay for now, his unconscious but fine but he needs to undergo an operation ASAP Jennie and I need your consent for it, kung hindi natin to gagawen ngayon, there will be no next time for him. Good thing it didn't popped yet"

Sa totoo lang hindi ko na naiintindihan yung sinasabi niya, all my mind can process now is the fact that he has to undergo a surgery as soon as possible. She gave me the consent form. I looked at it then to Lisa then back to the form. I know my Dad wouldn't like to do it without Lisa but I can't let him die. Besides, he will never know since he's unconscious.

I signed the consent form then Jisoo told the nurses to be ready for the operation. Hinatid naman ako ni Lisa sa may labas ng operating room and she leave me there after niyang maensure na relax na ko at nakaupo na ko ng maayos sa bench outside. She said she needs to talk to Jisoo. Hindi ko alam kung tungkol saan but I don't mind since all I think about now is my Dad. Then suddenly Chaeng followed by Irene and Seulgi came rushing to me.

"Jen?Are you okay? where's Lisa?" she asked.

"I don't know. She said she'll talk to Jisoo"

After a few minutes we saw Lisa walking towards us. She's now wearing her light blue scrub suit. I didn't realized that it's been a long time since I see her in that attire. Me and Chaeng got shocked when we see her. I thought she already quit? I thought hindi niya kaya? Is she doing it for my Dad? My tears fell down seeing her doing it for him kahit na alam kong may takot pa siya dahil sa kung anumang nagawa niya in the past but I can't thank her enough for doing this for Dad. I run as fast as I could and I throw myelf at her. I hugged her tight, so tight na parang wala nang bukas. Gusto kong maramdaman niya how grateful I am to her for doing this despite of her traumatic experience. Hindi ko alam kung ano yung nagawa niya dati but I know that haunts her, that this is not easy for her. With tears in my eyes, I thank her.