Accident

Lisa

I walked away leaving her behind me sobbing, crying her heart out. I hate to see her cry but I cannot deny the fact that I am still hurt deep within my heart everytime I look at her. Two years have passed but the memories of the night she left me is still fresh in my memory. I never dared to look back, kasi alam kong hindi ko kakayanin, kasi alam kong tatakbo lang ako pabalik sa kanya kapag nilingon ko siya and I don't want to be fooled again. Ayoko nang umasa ulit, ayoko nang masaktan ulit.
Nung niyakap niya ko, I felt like I almost lost myself again, I almost gave in.I want to hug her back but my arms are too weak to do so and my mind is too strong to resist. Nung sinabi niya sakin na mahal niya pa rin ako hindi ko alam kung ano yung dapat kong maramdaman. Gusto kong maging masaya kasi mahal niya pa rin ako, but my mind told me otherwise. All I can think and feel right now is the pain that she caused me. All the troubles I've been through because she left me. Kung paanong unti unting nasisira ang buhay ko habang binubuo niya naman yung kanya. Kung gaano ako kalungkot at kamiserable nung umalis siya, kung gaano ko kagustong mamatay na lang kaysa araw araw kong maramdaman yung sakit na halos pumatay na sakin, how I almost lost everything because of her. One hug and one 'I love you' cannot erase the fact the she still hurt me. Sana nga ganun na lang kadaling burahin lahat ng ginawa niya sakin, sana nga ganun na lang kadaling kalimutan yung sakit, sana.

I never looked back and drove away until I find myself standing in front of Chaeng's house. I need her now. I cannot think of anybody else to be with me aside from my bestfriend. Yung natatanging tao na hindi ako iniwan, yung tanging taong handang intindihin ako, at yung tanging taong alam kong hindi ako sasaktan.

I was about to knock when the door suddenly opened and a beautiful smile of my bestfriend welcomed me. I lift my hand that is holding a plastic full of bottled alcohol and some snacks.
She pulled me inside at dumiretso kami sa kwarto niya. We decided to drink at her veranda. I was holding at the barrier looking at the night sky while she's preparing our drinks and chips on a plate. Ilang sandali lang at tinabihan niya na ko. I can see from my pheripheral sight that she's staring at me. I know she knew that there's something wrong. I faced her as I let out a forced smile for her, pero hindi ko na napigilan and I threw myself at her. I hugged her tight as if I was so afraid to lose her.

"What's wrong??"she asked sounding so worried while caressing my back.

I just shook my head without breaking the hug.

"Lisa... "

She broke the hug as she held both of my arms and look straight into my eyes.

"You know you can't hide anything from me, so spill"

I took a deep breath, " I saw Jennie and we talk"

"And?" she asked.

"She told me she still loves me and asked me if I still love her" I answered.

"And anong sinabi mo? Do you still love her?" she again asked.

"I do. You know I always do. But I'm so afraid Chaeng. Sa tuwing tinitignan ko siya nasasaktan pa rin ako"

Silence. Silence took place after I confessed my true feelings. Hindi ko alam kung magagalit siya sakin kasi antanga tanga ko dahil after everything mahal ko pa rin si Jennie. Chaeng witnessed all my ups and downs nung iniwan niya ko.

"Alam mo kung anong solusyon dyan sa problema mo?" she asked me looking at the bottle of beer on her hands.

I look at her, curiously waiting of what she's gonna say.

"Magpatawad ka" she said turning her head to side to face me.

"Alam ko sobrang sakit nung ginawa ni Jennie sayo pero on the other hand naiintindihan ko rin siya Lis. She has her dream and she once chose you and you messed up big time" dagdag niya pa.