Broken

"Jen!"

A loud voice called her name. I looked at the voice and saw that the voice belongs to that man again. Seungho. It was so close, so close, if not because of this man. I can't deny it anymore but this man is starting to get into my nerves. Bakit ba palagi na lang siyang nakabuntot kay Jennie. I furrowed my brows but I managed to sit straight at my seat.

When Jennie opened her eyes I decided to stood up and stretch my hands to offer help. Ngumiti naman siya bago niya inabot ang kamay ko. Just like earlier I hold her left arm while I rest my other hand at the small of her back. I helped her walk towards the direction of her room kung saan nakaabang yung kumag na si Seungho.

Seungho meets us in the middle of the hallway.

"I can now manage it from here" Seungho told me while giving me a friendly smile. I didn't protest or say something, I let go of Jennie's hand without saying a word then Seungho held both of her arms to support her.

"You can go ahead and leave us from here salamat sa pagalalay kay Jennie... you are??"he said looking at me waiting for me to introduce myself.

Right we've met at the restaurant but I didn't introduce myself yet to him. I think he should know who I am. He should know that I am not just a mere stranger on Jennie's life.

"Lisa"I answered.

I can see how shocked he is nung binanggit ko kung sino ako. That friendly smile on his face was gone. Eyes wide, mouth hanged open, I think hindi ko na kailangang sabihing I'm Jennie's ex fiancè. I guess he already knew who I am. Yes man, I am Jennie's ex.

He immediately coped up and act like he's not affected at all. He gave me a smug smile and he extended his right arm to me.

"Nice to finally meet you!" he said.

I set aside how annoying I felt towards this man and I just smirked at him and I managed to grab his hand for a handshake.

I was about to leave not minding to say goodbye when you called me.

"Ahm Lisa?"

I turn around and I look at you.

"Thanks" maikling sabi mo while smiling towards me.

I smiled weakly and nod bago ako tumalikod ulit at naglakad palayo.

After a few steps, I looked back and I see how he hold you. I can feel my blood boil and right then and there I wanna run towards your direction para tanggalin yung mga kamay niya na nakayakap sa katawan mo but I stopped myself coz I don't want to make a scene so I just decided to go home.

Agad akong sumalampak sa kama ko pagdating na pagdating ko ng condo. I am just looking at the ceiling ng bigla akong may maalala.

Flashback

"You take care okay? Tawagan mo agad ako pagdating mo dun" Chaeng said before pulling me into a hug.

"I will. Wish me luck" I said habang nakayakap ako sa kanya.

"Goodluck!" she waved her hands to me habang naglalakad ako papalayo.

Oo. Nagdesisyon akong sundan si Jennie sa US. Hindi pwedeng hayaan ko na lang na bigla na lang siyang umalis ng walang paalam, ng wala man lang eksplanasyon kung bakit. I need to ask her, I need to know why.

Paglapag na paglapag ng eroplano ko ay agad akong dumiretso sa apartment kung saan siya nagsestay. I actually asked Daddy Henry about Jennie's address and he gave it to me without any hesitations. In fact, he's very happy that I decided to follow her daughter despite of the fact the she left me with no words, but that's precisely the reason why I followed her. To know her reasons and to see if she's happy with what she chose. Nagabang ako sa labas sa kabila ng napakalamig na panahon. 3 hours have past before a car pulled up in front of Jennie's apartment. Papalapit na sana ako pero bigla akong napahinto ng isang lalaki ang bumaba. I thought it was Jennie but I guess I'm wrong. I stepped backwards to move back to where I am earlier but my eyes were not leaving its sight to the man. I watched the man as he moves from the driver seat to the shotgun seat. He opened the door and there I see the woman that I've been waiting for hours, the very reason why I traveled this far. Two months. Two months pa lang ang nakakalipas ng umalis siya pero malaki na agad yung pinagbago niya. Maganda pa rin siya pero mukhang pumayat siya. I don't know if it is because of her job or because of our sudden break up? I don't know really kung nararamdaman niya rin ba yung nararamdaman ko, kung miserable rin ba siya katulad ko, kung naaalala niya rin ba ko, o kung namimiss niya rin ba ko? Gusto kong umasang pareho lang kami ng nararamdaman, ng pinagdadaanan. I watched the man as he walked Jennie towards the door of her apartment. When he leaned to kiss her on the cheeks, I felt my body shiver, not because of the cold weather but because I am mad coz I don't want anybody touching what's mine. Without realizing, unti unti ko na palang kinukuyom ang mga kamay ko at ramdam ko yung pagbaon ng mga kuko ko sa mga palad ko. After he kissed Jennie he waved his goodbye and Jennie wave his hand towards the man while smiling. I was wondering who is that guy and why they seems so close to each other. At dahil sira na ang gabi ko, hindi na muna ko nagpakita kay Jennie. I decided to meet her tomorrow, surprise her at her very first project and I hope she'll be happy to see me.

When I reached my apartment agad kong tinawagan si Chaeng para ipaalam sa kanya na I arrived safe then after we talk, I went straight to the shower to freshen up. I lay on my bed pagtapos kong magpatuyo ng buhok at dala na rin siguro ng sobrang pagod ay agad akong dinalaw ng antok. Unti unting pumipikit ang mga mata ko dala ang pagasang magiging maganda ang mga pangyayari bukas.

I woke up early and prepare myself to go to the event which happens to be Jennie's first project. I was able to know the details because of Jennie's Dad. Before I leave he told me that Jennie called him to tell him the good news. Sabi niya pinagkatiwalaan daw siya ng boss niya to manage a big launching event ng Chanel. With that information, I decided to surprise her, buy a bouquette of flowers and give it to her after the show. I want to show her that I am willing to support her and her dreams.

Pagtapos kong makabili ng flowers agad akong dumiretso sa venue. I watched her from afar. She's with that man again. Again, I feel irritated seeing how close he is with my Nini but I forced myself to calm down. I moved outside and nagdecide na lang ako na maghintay sa kotse na nirentahan ko. Hindi den naman kasi ako fan ng mga ganitong events pero higit sa lahat naiirita kasi ako sa presensya ng lalaking yun. After a few hours of waiting, unti unti nang naglalabasan yung mga tao sa venue. Siguro tapos na yung event. Naghintay ako hanggang sa maubos yung mga taong naglalabasan. After a few minutes I saw a bunch of girls walking outside the venue and there I saw you walking in the middle of three tall blonde girls. You were smiling from ear to ear and I am happy to see you this happy. I watched you as you bid your goodbye to the three blonde girls then I stepped outside the car para lapitan ka na sana nang bigla na namang dumating yung lalaking lagi mong kasama. He smiled at you and you did the same. Holding the boquette of flowers in my hands, pinanood ko kayo ng sumakay kayo ng kotse. He assisted you to sit on the shotgun seat. Hindi ko alam pero nagstay pa kayo sa loob ng kotse at mukhang may seryoso kayong pinaguusapan. Then after a few minutes I felt a hot liquid flowing down my cheeks when I saw that man lean towards your face. I knew he kissed you. His back is facing me and all I can see is him leaning on to reach your face but I know what happened. I was hurt, so hurt to see that moment. I could not believe na ganun kadali mo kong mapapallitan Jennie. I thought you love me but seems not. Tears continued to flow down as I grip the boquette of flowers with full force na halos mayupi na yung pagkakaarrange. When the man moved back to his seat, our eyes met but I don't want you to see how miserable I am kaya naman agad akong bumalik papunta sa kotse ko at nagmaneho papalayo. When I reached the hotel where I stayed, I book the earliest pabalik ng Pilipinas. Hindi na kasi dapat ako nagpunta pa rito. Dapat tinanggap ko na lang yung katotohanang iniwan niya na ko.

End of Flashback

Ringgggggggggg......

I came back to my senses nung tumunog yung phone ko and without looking, I answered it.

"Hello?"

"Hi Lis!"

"Hey napatawag ka? May problema ba?" I worriedly asked.

"Wala. Relax ka lang. Tumawag lang ako para iinform ka na bukas yung schedule ko sa ospital. Gusto sana kitang makita kung di ka busy? Sabi kasi ni Chaeng, sobrang busy mo daw nitong mga nakakaraang araw" sabi niya bakas ang lungkot sa tinig niya.

"Oo pasensya na kung di ako nakakasama sa kanya. Yeah sure, I'll be there tomorrow, I promise"

"Yey! See you! Bye" she excitedly said before dropped the call.

I put the phone back to the bedside table I decided tl take a shower para makapagpahinga na.